Joshua Stream Pre

Dungeon Crawl Classics - Interest in Joining a Campaign

Greetings, fair reader.

I have been running mainly D&D 5e on FG throughout the past few years, with some Savage Worlds thrown in. I have a full license (for Classic and Unity), so have only ever required demo licenses from my players.

I have been checking out the DCC ruleset over the past month, and am very interested in running a campaign using this system as I think that this could be a really fun system to play... being a mashup of old school D&D and d20 (3.5e era).

I have used external software for OOC chat (like TeamSpeak and Discord), with all of the RPing actually taking place within FG as text chat. I have always found that this enables deep RPing (something that I truly enjoy) without the pressure of having to do voicesm which is something that not everyone (myself included) is comfortable with.

I guess that the whole point of this is that I am sticking my head out in here to see if there would be enough interest in my style of GMing (or Judging, as DCC calls it) and in this RPG. I am trying to decide whether to run DCC based modules, or convert some of the classic D&D (pre-3rd edition) ones.

The day would be Sunday... the time would be 12:00 noon Central (which is 10:00am Pacific, or 1:00pm Eastern). With my current group, we were playing for up to 5 hours, sometime more depending on what everyone had going on.

I would want to do this when Unity is officially launched, so that it would be optimized for playing and be a lot more stable than it currently is during the beta.

So... any interest out there?
    Proud Ultimate License Holder as well as all WotC 5e FG content (in addition to other 5e products)
    Also have bought a lot of other RPG products as well
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Currently Playing 5e D&D Campaigns Curse of Strahd, Tomb of Annihilation
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5/Pathfinder (am familiar with those rules, tho)

I would be interested in running a few games with you from time to time. I'm relatively new to DCC as well though I've been playing and GMing RPGs since 1981. I currently run with a group that plays on Sunday mornings and our end time is close to your start time. We play on an irregular schedule. I'm not able to commit to a regular campaign as I don't want to play all day on any given Sunday. So if you plan any one-shots or need a drop in player from time to time, let me know.

Interested. I'd love to see the ruleset\game as a player.

Sigurd
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Thread Information