5E Character Create Playlist

How do I make map modules for Unity?

I want to create tiles and maps that I can use and build with in unity. But I haven't seen any tutorials on how to import the maps, what dimensions and sizes they should be etc.

There are no guidelines on image asset size and dimension yet, as we haven't got to release yet. I would be somewhat moderate in your map sizes, because you still need to transfer all the assets to the client when you open a map for them. The tiles in the Kickstarter art pack are 200x200 pixels as a data point, and what we use often for testing.

Other than that, all you need to do is have an empty module with all the image assets you want to include in an "images" folder, similar to how you can build token modules in FGC today by making empty module with "tokens" folder (also works in FGU).

The ability to add LoS information will come later. We currently have a very rough internal tool we are using to build the LoS meta data for images, that we're not ready to release yet.

What other questions do you have?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There are no guidelines on image asset size and dimension yet, as we haven't got to release yet. I would be somewhat moderate in your map sizes, because you still need to transfer all the assets to the client when you open a map for them. The tiles in the Kickstarter art pack are 200x200 pixels as a data point, and what we use often for testing.

Other than that, all you need to do is have an empty module with all the image assets you want to include in an "images" folder, similar to how you can build token modules in FGC today by making empty module with "tokens" folder (also works in FGU).

The ability to add LoS information will come later. We currently have a very rough internal tool we are using to build the LoS meta data for images, that we're not ready to release yet.

What other questions do you have?

Regards,
    JPG
    For the moment none. The 200x200 size information is enough for me to get started. I have the entire suite of ProFantasy mapmaking software along with some basic knowledge and access to the adobe suite and of course Gimp. So I guess I just really need to start producing tiles. I will post them in this thread as I create them.

Thread Information