Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Blog Entries
    Feature requests should be added to the Wish List; https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Note that finding extensions should become easier shortly as SmiteWorks is working on a enhancement called the Forge that will allow extensions to be centralized.
    Expect it in the near future.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Feature requests should be added to the Wish List; https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Note that finding extensions should become easier shortly as SmiteWorks is working on a enhancement called the Forge that will allow extensions to be centralized.
    Expect it in the near future.
    Awesome THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Archer View Post
    Hi There!

It's been over 6 months since FGU was released as a replacement for FGC. Are there any updated extensions to increase font size for FGU? Note, I play on a Microsoft Surface Tablet so increasing the scale is not helpful as the chat & story notes boxes would take up 2/3 of the screen space. I greatly appreciate anyone's help who responds!

Lady Archer
    I Did this extension a WHILE back It MAY still work???
    Merriweather Larger
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    I Did this extension a WHILE back It MAY still work???
    Merriweather Larger
    OH WOW, this is GREAT!!! thank you! much better!

If you need some smaller incremental fonts to see 'a little' bit larger...
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...le-Fonts/page3 (Look for Both Classic & Unity versions)
    Try to use the more powerful Google to look through these forums, I used search terms "FG Fonts+Fantasy Grounds Forums" to find the link above.

Scaling your FG desktop has a trade off. You either get more visibility and less desktop space, or more desktop space but smaller text. Your physical screen-size is also a consideration, if you have a 15-117' screen, it is difficult to compensate for anything in regards to viewing space and visibility anyways. If you wear prescription glasses, that sometimes helps too, depending.

Just remember that most window fields do not scale dynamically vertically in smaller text windows, like character sheets, maybe horizontally. If your fonts are too large, they characters start to get cut off from the top or bottom of a given field.

Good luck.
    Laerun
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Archer View Post
    Hi There!

It's been over 6 months since FGU was released as a replacement for FGC. Are there any updated extensions to increase font size for FGU? Note, I play on a Microsoft Surface Tablet so increasing the scale is not helpful as the chat & story notes boxes would take up 2/3 of the screen space. I greatly appreciate anyone's help who responds!

Lady Archer
    10.60-12" inches
    Microsoft Surface Pro Summary
    The tablet comes with a 10.60-inch display with a resolution of 1366x768 pixels at a pixel density of 148 pixels per inch (ppi).

That is not going to work too well for visibility and perhaps for other technical reasons.. There is NOTHING that says do not use a tablet or smaller than a 15" screen, but the Surface screen space is probably not the design intent using FGU on or for smaller mobile devices.

The latest versions come close to the specs needed, but this is nearly a $3,000 dollar tablet and still nothing over 15" for viewing area, and this is designed for more for mobility sake.:
    Surface Book 3 - 15 inch, Intel core i7, 32GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce
    The most powerful Surface laptop yet combines speed, graphics, and immersive gaming with the versatility of a laptop, tablet, and portable studio. Available in 13.5” or 15” sizes, both with a high-resolution touchscreen.

Here are the Fantasy Grounds Unity System Requirements (Minimum)
    CPU SPEED: 1.6 GHz
    RAM: 4 GB
    VIDEO CARD: Graphics card with DX10 (Shader Model 4.0) capabilities and a minimum of 2 GB of graphics memory
    PIXEL SHADER: 4.0
    VERTEX SHADER: 4.0
    FREE DISK SPACE: 200 MB
    DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2 GB

Fantasy Grounds Unity Recommended Requirements
    CPU SPEED: 2.0 GHz
    RAM: 8 GB
    VIDEO CARD: Graphics card with DX10 (Shader Model 4.0) capabilities and a minimum of 3 GB of graphics memory
    PIXEL SHADER: 4.0
    VERTEX SHADER: 4.0
    FREE DISK SPACE: 2 GB
    DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 3 GB

I'd personally try to use a screen that is at least 17". Smaller than that and you are already limited and fighting to see anything...
    Last edited by Laerun; July 12th, 2021 at 01:14.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    If you need some smaller incremental fonts to see 'a little' bit larger...
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...le-Fonts/page3 (Look for Both Classic & Unity versions)
    Try to use the more powerful Google to look through these forums, I used search terms "FG Fonts+Fantasy Grounds Forums" to find the link above.

Scaling your FG desktop has a trade off. You either get more visibility and less desktop space, or more desktop space but smaller text. Your physical screen-size is also a consideration, if you have a 15-117' screen, it is difficult to compensate for anything in regards to viewing space and visibility anyways. If you wear prescription glasses, that sometimes helps too, depending.

Just remember that most window fields do not scale dynamically vertically in smaller text windows, like character sheets, maybe horizontally. If your fonts are too large, they characters start to get cut off from the top or bottom of a given field.

Good luck.
    Laerun
    Thanks,

The Merriweather Larger font extension above seems like the best one so far, the only thing I don’t like is the green color of certain boxes, it doesn’t work as well with the darker themes. I’m sure there’s some text I could edit probably to change the font color, but I don’t want to mess with it. Still, I’m very glad it exists. And the font itself and the size seems much much better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone804 View Post
    Thanks,

The Merriweather Larger font extension above seems like the best one so far, the only thing I don’t like is the green color of certain boxes, it doesn’t work as well with the darker themes. I’m sure there’s some text I could edit probably to change the font color, but I don’t want to mess with it. Still, I’m very glad it exists. And the font itself and the size seems much much better.
    Make a copy of the extension. rename to .zip, unzip, open the files and investigate

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Make a copy of the extension. rename to .zip, unzip, open the files and investigate
    Yup! I tried that in another one earlier (to increase the size even larger than it had been made to do) and any changes I made “broke” the functionality and it stopped working. But I’ll do it with this one and maybe the code is better or something and it will work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone804 View Post
    Yup! I tried that in another one earlier (to increase the size even larger than it had been made to do) and any changes I made “broke” the functionality and it stopped working. But I’ll do it with this one and maybe the code is better or something and it will work.
    If you run into errors, you can always start a thread in the Workshop and post your code and errors. Someone over there can probably help you resolve

Thread Information