5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Personally I wouldn't worry too much about juggling or fixing font related extensions for FGU. The devs are continuing to make font changes so any work don on font related extensions in FGU are likely to be broken until font optimization settles down.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I just downloaded FGU Ultimate version, changed the UI to 70%. I love that I have more space, but the fonts are too small. I downloaded the BigFonts extension and put it in the "extensions" folder and nothing happened. Is there supposed to be "data" folder because I can't seem to find one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You have to copy the extensions to your Unity data folder.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer1st View Post
    I just downloaded FGU Ultimate version, changed the UI to 70%. I love that I have more space, but the fonts are too small. I downloaded the BigFonts extension and put it in the "extensions" folder and nothing happened. Is there supposed to be "data" folder because I can't seem to find one.

Thanks
    The FG Data folder is the folder that opens when from the FG launch screen you click the folder icon. Inside of there is a folder called "extensions". Place your extensions in there and activate it before launching your campaign (from the extensions list).

Note that not all font extensions work in FGU because the font engine was re-written for FGU. Not sure Big Fonts works.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    The FG Data folder is the folder that opens when from the FG launch screen you click the folder icon. Inside of there is a folder called "extensions". Place your extensions in there and activate it before launching your campaign (from the extensions list).

Note that not all font extensions work in FGU because the font engine was re-written for FGU. Not sure Big Fonts works.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I feel like I'm really missing something, I've placed the extension in the proper folder but don't know what it means to "activate" it? Does it automatically activate? Is there a button or commands I need to do? What do you mean by "extensions list", the files in the folder called "EXTENSIONS"? Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer1st View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I feel like I'm really missing something, I've placed the extension in the proper folder but don't know what it means to "activate" it? Does it automatically activate? Is there a button or commands I need to do? What do you mean by "extensions list", the files in the folder called "EXTENSIONS"? Thanks for your help.
    See the "Extensions" info in step #2 here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Hosting+a+Game
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    See the "Extensions" info in step #2 here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Hosting+a+Game
    Thank you very much!

When using the Big Font extension, does that also change the clients views as well? I only want to change mine (host) and leave the clients on the original settings. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranDob View Post
    When using the Big Font extension, does that also change the clients views as well? I only want to change mine (host) and leave the clients on the original settings. Thanks.
    Extensions change the code for everyone. Unless that extension has gone through and changed the fonts for the Host to be different than the Client (which I'm not sure is possible), then yes, the extension will change the font sizes for everyone. Instead use the scaleui command in setting or via the chat line command.

Big Fonts is a lifesaver, thank you. I'm almost as old as Old Man Dice and the tiny text was going to be a dealbreaker for me.

Thread Information