DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 9 First ... 6789 Last
    Blog Entries
    Its the weekend. I suspect you'll have to wait until Monday EST before folks can start looking at this again. Given that a VPN solution works, it would seem to me (in my limited network knowledge) that such proves it's not the SmiteWorks server, but rather something between you and the wider internet (i.e between you and the tier 1 backbone).

But, I'll leave that to folks with more knowledge than me to discuss and help you troubleshoot. Just wanted you to remind you that folks are probably busy not working at the moment

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I've been using up my sunday night for wiresharking the hell out of it and was able to identify the IPv4 connection to your update servers as an issue.
    I can download via IPv6 without issue. It also appeared that the patch server is actually served by cloudflare via my curl download tests, so it's extremely likely my semistatic ip (range) was simply blocked / throttled.
    If there is an solution to use the updater with ipv6 only for now without having to disable my ipv4 completely that would solve this issue for me in a satisfying matter, even if it's not optimal. At least i wouldnt need an VPN anymore.

For downloads via IPv6 i downloaded from a munich download server of cloudflare, for ipv4 i would have downloaded from a vienna one, if that one was actually available for me to download. Both is in my direct vincinity.

Push, haven't heard from support yet, either.

Blog Entries
    The last batch of data you provided was pretty helpful and may shed some light on the root cause. I've sent a reply with some more stuff to check.

There are essentially two sources of files for the updater - public files served by Cloudflare and protected files served by our patch server on a per user basis. Our protected files are not blocking anyone from what I can tell, but Cloudflare *might* potentially be blocking access to the public files for some reason. If we can find a Cloudflare RayID for a blocked connection on a public file, then we can send to them to research and address. If we can find an issue there and make a configuration change to fix it for you without affecting all our other users, then we will do so.

D3nnis3n should get some well deserved kudos for uncovering this. Hopefully we *can* resolve it from our end and I will happily eat crow as a result.

I'll get back to this issue this evening. Only 2 pm here yet. Will respond via mail then.

A bit late, but managed to get through it.

[CLOUDFLARE] www.fantasygrounds.com IPV4: Timeout <- This is bad
    [CLOUDFLARE] www.fantasygrounds.com IPV6: Fast Download <- This would be best! (Instant, 1 Gbps as my connection can do)
    patch.fantasygrounds.com IPV4: Slow Download <- This would be okay (300 KB)
    patch.fantasygrounds.com IPV6: No Host (No IPV6 Support) <- This is sad
    Last edited by D3nnis3n; March 12th, 2020 at 07:06.

Blog Entries
    We have been working via email on this and have reached out to Cloudflare as well.

The logs that D3nnis3n supplied shows a HTTP 200 success message and correct content length, but his system has a timeout after 60 seconds and nothing is downloaded. When I try the same CURL from my system, I get the following results:

[CLOUDFLARE] www.fantasygrounds.com IPV4: Fast Download
    [CLOUDFLARE] www.fantasygrounds.com IPV6: Fast Download

IPV4 and IPV6 are basically the same speed for me from the East Coast of the U.S.

From CloudFlare's support:
    Liam C (Cloudflare)

Mar 12, 8:11 AM PDT

Hi Doug,

Thanks for contacting Cloudflare Support.

It seems a little odd that we would be returning a 200 if this was timing out. I would expect to see a 522 or 524 error if this was the case. I wouldn't expect a 200 for a firewall block either.

Accessing the resource in question downloads fine when I attempt to access this through the same data centre as the affected user.

$ curl -vso /dev/null https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...ulesets/5E.pak
    < HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    < Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 15:09:40 GMT
    < Content-Type: text/plain
    < Content-Length: 6637983
    < Connection: keep-alive
    < Set-Cookie: __cfduid=dfc9712bb599e459d3ebebf33373bdf2e15840257 80; expires=Sat, 11-Apr-20 15:09:40 GMT; path=/; domain=.fantasygrounds.com; HttpOnly; SameSite=Lax
    < Last-Modified: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 18:10:27 GMT
    < ETag: "1e0266-65499f-59ff737f1baea"
    < Cache-Control: max-age=86400
    < CF-Cache-Status: REVALIDATED
    < Accept-Ranges: bytes
    < Server: cloudflare
    < CF-RAY: 572e7007cbc27cac-MUC
    Is this affecting a single user or do you have any other reports of issues with this resource? Do they have any security software configured on the client which could be blocking this?

I was having the exact same problem 1 hour ago. Now it's just slow as hell, to the point I just refuse to wait.

It worked just fine in the morning, but since I bought the new Eberron book, it refuses to update proper...
    "You sit here, in these vast halls, with a crown upon your head... And yet you are lesser now than you have ever been." - Dwalin Fundinson

Ultimate License holder, translation enthusiast and programmer in the making!

The updater of the new Fantasy Grounds Unity is working for me, so i bought that instead. It's the faster solution in the current lockdown and state of emergency situation where playing DnD is probably one of the only things we can still do in our free time.

Thread Information