STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 9 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Also, we use CloudFlare to provide access to public facing files. Perhaps you are using some Internet extension that would block URLs served by Cloudflare?

JPG

I cannot remove JDownloader, i'm using it every day. Not sure how JDownloader should impact an Updater. JDownloader was there when Fantasy Grounds worked, but well, let's uninstall it for trying.
    I have no Addons installed on Edge and on Chrome i use AdBlock Plus as any sane person. I do not have any other plugins.

Ad-Aware i only installed for that single test, it's removed again.

Try uninstalling any ad-blocking software, at least temporarily. As I said, something is blocking the request; so anything that blocks requests could impact.

Again, we are trying to "guess" what is blocking our application from accessing the Internet or our update servers; but based on the fact that we don't have any other reports, there is something unique in your situation (software, router, ISP, etc.). If you can think of anything that would block "any" network request, that's something that should be looked at.

Regards,
    JPG

Oh, i accidentally lied, i do have more plugins somehow. So i disabled all of them and tried again, with no success:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Okay, i see.
    I uninstalled JDownloader and with it the Browser Extension was gone, i uninstalled AdBlock Plus, i uninstalled TamperMonkey. I cannot uninstall GreatSuspender, as it would destroy my work. (I have a lot of suspended tabs)

It didn't help, unfortunately:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is there maybe any ports i need to open in my Router?

//EDIT:
    No, nothing that blocks Cloudflare. I visit Cloudflare backed sites quite often, including my own ones.

As I have mentioned, there is a block somewhere between program and update server that is causing the time outs.
    Well, i know you believe that. But given the fact that there is nothing installed that blocks it, i'm not of that opinion. In the end i need a solution, but it seems like there is none.
    In which case i need a refund for a not working - faulty - product. I've tried everything you told me to and i screenshotted you every single action i did for you to verify. But it's still not working.
    For me it looks like you either blocked my semistatic IP address (It might be possible my IPv4 is blocked but not my IPv6 net for example) or the connection gets lost somewhere.
    I don't see why your updater should be special in some kind, so it would be blocked by some ominous software, while everything else works like a charm, including playing on FG.
    And even if it would be, it shouldn't be. I cannot do more than follow your tips and give you the results.
    Last edited by D3nnis3n; March 6th, 2020 at 20:51.

The updater is literally using HTTPS requests; no different than your web browser. In fact, here's the Kith'karos sample campaign link exactly as updater requests it that is the first file you are getting stuck on.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...thtakharos.mod

This is why it appears to be an application block; because your web browser can access same addresses without issue.

All the /filelibrary files are cached in CloudFlare; but all other DLC is served directly without CloudFlare. I'm having Doug do a quick check when he gets a chance to double verify that.

Regards,
    JPG

Feel free to send me whatever debug software you want. I'll follow every step you want me to take. I like the product. But if i can't update it, the 300 bucks, which i planned to extend further, are worthless for me as all the modules i bought i can't even download due to not being able to update.
    I bought Ravnica yesterday and can't download it. That's when it all started.

As you can see on my latest screenshots i already get stuck on FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe now, as i uninstalled FantasyGrounds. So it's not limited to DLC content. I just can't download anything from your website via the updater.

I'm stumped right now for ideas. As I mentioned, there is no "debug" that I can add, because it is an OS-level API that only provides a time-out result without any other information. The only feedback we get is request timed out; so I'm back to "something" blocking the application. This is reinforced by the fact that you can access the URLs directly via web browser, as well as have players connect to FG main application.

I've asked Doug if he has any ideas, though it might take him a little while to post (off hours for him and he has other projects).

Also, I'm hoping one of the other community users that knows networking in-depth might see this post, and have some other ideas.

If there is any way to have someone else connect via your network with a laptop, we could more definitely rule out a network-wide blockage vs. a single computer blockage.

Regards,
    JPG

After searching around reddit and steam forums it appears this issue is not that uncommon as it was said to be: https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyGrou...work_time_out/
    Steam also has several posts that weren't solved till to date.

I'm still wondering how the updater is able to "Getting purchases from FantasyGrounds server" when he is not able to open a connection due to blockage.

Well, i'm out of ideas, too. I don't see any issues on my computer or network. I hope you'll be able to find out something, otherwise i'll just start the refund processes claiming faulty product and be done with it, as sad as it is. Thanks for taking the time anyway, though.
    I simply don't have the time to investigate updater issues for hours with no results than it's not my PC. I just hope at least the refunds will work better then.

Person with laptop is not possible, if you don't intend to come here. None of my friends have any. Asking someone to bring his stationary PC just for troubleshooting is a bit too much hassle. There is a limit on what i'm willing to do to troubleshoot and buying a laptop is over that line.

I keep my stance: It's not an issue on my side. There is no blocking software installed, firewall and windows defender allow FG.

This really pisses me off.

Thread Information