Starfinder Playlist
Page 9 of 9 First ... 789
    Just a note here for everyone, this week I couldn't run FG Classic updater, kept having network issues, tracked it down to Avast "saving me" from unsafe downloads. They have exclusions for folders and websites, so add an exclusion for patch.fantasygrounds.com both http/https.

I'm not using any other Antivir than Windows Defender, hence it's not the reason. It still doesn't work btw. I'm still sure it's Cloudflare blocking me.

It looks like I am currently experiencing the very same problem as D3nnis3n did back in March. I am also on Vodafone/Unitymedia connection in Germany, and when I wanted to download some modules I bought off the sale yesterday, the Updater today started to time out on me on my native connection. This happens on my main setup, which is Linux, where I run FG from Steam with Proton, and it happens as well when I boot my machine into Windows. It happens on my second machine, which runs Windows as well. When I use a VPN (German server) on my Linux machine, the updater works. I don't have any antivirus software or firewall or anything else blocking routes on my machine, and I can access the fantasyground.com domain just fine otherwise.

Another weird think I have observed is that (under Linux) FG now shows 127.12.34.56 as the local IP address, which is clearly some kind of placeholder, while my correct address would be 192.167.178.12. The "Run Test" function now fails unless I manually set up port forwarding for port 1802. It used to work without having to that, and it did so last Wednesday at least (July 1st).

I have talked to my ISP and they have confirmed that no changes to my connection have been made from their side.

Has there been any new discovery on why this happens, or what I can to to continue to use FG without having to resort to a VPN?

Hi all, I was experiencing the same issue as D3nnis3n, I'm from Chile... so I don't think it's a German ISPs issue.

I'm running on Win10 pro and Fantasy Grounds Updater v3.3.8

The update was running fine until it get to the 5E update, then I got the ERROR - GetPackageFiles: Network: time out

My home ISP is Claro Empresas

So I changed to my phone connection ISP Entel and worked like a charm.

I think there is something like a quota or auto-blacklisting some ISP

Blog Entries
    Quota's, or Flood Protection or QoS is certainly something many routers have. It wouldn't hurt to check your router/modem for any such settings and see if there are any settings you can make or if you can whitelist FG etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbrown View Post
    My Internet Connection should be fine: https://www.speedtest.net/result/9103263480
    I got Dual Stack IPV4 / IPV6, so that should also not be an issue. The PC is connected via 2.5G LAN.
    I even let Ad-Aware (which i just installed for this) do a run searching for a virus that only affects the FG updater, it only found a crack in a zip that i forgot where it is. (So at least it was worth something, lol)

There might be an issue, but i don't see it being on my computer. It says the network times out. That doesn't look like a issue on my end, cause i do not have a single other timeout to anywhere with any game, updater or program on my computer.
    (Just like you don't have any other clients having the same issue - same argumentation ...)
    Maybe you got some debug option where it actually gives more information than just this?
    There is an updater.log Tat might have more useful information.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    There is an updater.log Tat might have more useful information.
    They were a spammer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information