STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Is there a Basic D&D ruleset and modules?

My question is, is there a Basic D&D rule set for Fantasy Grounds and modules like the Rules Cyclopedia and such. I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I'm not sure what you mean by a basic ruleset. The 5e ruleset that comes with FG is a complete ruleset.

I think you may mean are there basic rules? If so then yes, you can find the basic rules in Library>Modules>D&D Basic Rules
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I think he's referring to the BECMI rules. There is not an officially licensed ruleset for the Mentzer edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by a basic ruleset.
    D&D Basic. The Red Box!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeo...gons_Basic_Set

There's no official Basic D&D ruleset or data. There are some threads in this forum discussing it: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...lassic-D-amp-D And I believe there is an application to scrape the Cyclopedia data, but I can't find it with a limited search.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Maybe I can find something. I'm also interested in 1st Edition AD&D and 2nd AD&D, but I have that ruleset and the PHB, DMG, and MM. I forgot about the Classic D&D section in the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Go with the AD&D ruleset for now. It really is very good.
    It's second edition, and I'd rather have 1st if I have to get over BECMI.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Hybban

Both 1st and 2nd Editions were called Advanced Dungeons & Dragons.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=d%26...w=1920&bih=928

The rule differences between the two are not significant - certainly not relative to the similarities.
    There is an extension to run 1st Edition pretty closely with the 2nd Edition ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybban View Post
    It's second edition, and I'd rather have 1st if I have to get over BECMI.
    What particular rules difference in 2E and 1E do you see makes 1E closer to Basic? I always thought the RulesCyclopedia of basic was closer to 2e than 1e. Other than the "attack matrix" which even is basic was ignored for THACO at times.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Yeah 2e didn't have much of a difference from 1e they were just trying to get Gary's name off if it so they didn't have to pay him anymore.
    Gaming since '93 - DMing since '05 - Ultimate License holder
    Games willing to run:
    Savage Worlds
    3.5e DnD
    5e DnD
    Castles and Crusades

Thread Information