FG Spreadshirt Swag

Effect modifiers on attack rolls

I try to set up some custom effect modifiers on attack rools. I plan to introduce a cursed item that will have an negative impact on charisma based attacks. However, when I try to use the ATK: [-CHA] it has no effect on the rolls when I tested. The effect will be set visible to GM only on his character sheet on the combat tracker.
    I have tried different ways to set this up, but without any luck. Either it does nothing or affects all kinds of attacks, even those based on other stats.

Ability based effects only work if they are applied via the effect button on a character sheet, the code gets the ability value and substitutes it when it is out into the combat tracker. If you see [-CHA] in the combat tracker then that hasn’t been applied via the PC sheet.

See the opening sentence in the effects Wiki user guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Specific_Notes
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Are there any other way to do this without starting to mess with the powers? I would prefer to do this via the effects tab on the combat tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwolf View Post
    Are there any other way to do this without starting to mess with the powers? I would prefer to do this via the effects tab on the combat tracker.
    Use powers or hard code the bonus/penalty.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If what I am reading is right, that effect is going to minus all ATKs with a value equal to Charisma. What you want is to reduce Charisma Based ATK bonus right? Is the character someone who uses a bunch of different ability scores for their attacks? Is there a reason a simple ATK: -2 (or w/e value you want) isn't suitable?
    Unfortunately 5e ruleset does manage exactly this with their effects but the redheaded step child of 4e effects didn't get the same love haha.

Thread Information