DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Official Mythic Adventures Inquiry

Excited by the new PFRPG Mythic Adventures - in fact just purchased it! I do not see, however, how to add a Mythic Class to the FG character sheet? I can add a ton of other stuff, but the class/path itself does not seem to be possible?

Blog Entries
    You've loaded the module? Is the class not listed in the Class list?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You've loaded the module? Is the class not listed in the Class list?
    No - that is the weird part. All of the other options - well what I assume are - are available, i.e. feats and such

Blog Entries
    Just in case the correct folk(s) don't see this thread, I would post in the bug report thread at the top of this sub-forum. Sounds like a problem to me. Given that it is now the weekend, it might take a bit to get a reply, but maybe it can get updated for next Tuesday's update.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sorry for the inconvenience about this. The classes were not added on purpose at this time due to the nature of the book and the rules regarding mythic characters/creatures. The mythic rules don't follow the same rules as a standard class or prestige class. Mythic levels are gained trials, rather than the standard experience/level method. Furthermore, the classes have standard things like BAB, Fort Save, Ref Save, Will Save, skills per level, etc. that don't appear to be addressed by the Mythic Adventures rules. It was intended to drag over the special abilities for your tier level to your character sheet. I might be able to fake it and create the mythic "classes" as Fantasy Grounds classes (with the missing data as just blank) but I will need a few days to ponder that and make sure nothing breaks as a result. It will not be done by this Tuesday update but most likely the following Tuesday update.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Thanks sciencephile - how did you intend to indicate, them that the character was on a particular Mythic Path?

I started doing the classes and the best I can come up with is to make them classified as prestige classes for Fantasy Grounds purposes. Then I took the BAB/Save/Skills information from the base class and added the mythic special abilities to the class record. Each path has a name to it but can have several different classes utilizing it.

For example, the archmage mythic class references that it is best for sorcerers and wizards but can also be used by bards, summoners, and witches.

This means that in order to halfway have this work correctly, there will be several classes that have the class specific stuff mixed in with the mythic stuff for the automation to work.

For example,

Archmage (Wizard)
    Archmage (Sorcerer)
    Archmage (Bard)
    Archmage (Summoner)
    Archmage (Witch)

This means that there be a ton of classes, which I hope isn't confusing but I don't see any other way, other than to just have one and force the player to make drastic adjustments.

The tier path abilities will have to stay as special abilities and not be part of the automation because there are too many options to properly automate.

For instance, the archmage can select from their 1st-Tier path abilities or the 1st-Tier Universal path abilities. As they grow in power, they can select tier abilities for the new tier they qualify for (both from their specific class and from universal) *or* they can still choose to select from a lower tier. So, when the archmage gets to 3rd-Tier, they can choose from either 1st-Tier or 3rd Tier (from Archmage or Universal).

I think the best way is to just have a placeholder for that level saying to pick a tier of the appropriate level or lower and the players can select the appropriate path ability from the Special Abilities tab that corresponds to their path or the universal path.

Hopefully, this makes sense.

-Danny
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

Yeah, that makes it a generic Archmage template, which would work for everything except the saves, hit points, and skill points (which would have to be done manually). To be honest, that is probably cleanest as it would keep the mythic class legit for classes beyond what it is programmed for (like the Magus). I also think that the saves are hinky by programming them like a prestige class as "good" saves will get a +2 bump on a first level of that class (which I don't believe was intended).

Upon reflection, this might be better. I will just have to add an entry to remind the user to adjust their hit points, saves, and skills.

Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information