Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishypeanuts View Post
    I am wondering if there is a MacOS Catalina friendly version of FG yet?
    Yes. Just install the Mac version found here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/...oundsUnity.php

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Catalina 10.15.7

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    We just pushed an updated Mac installer to the downloads section:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...WebInstall.pkg

If you are a Mac user, can you give it a try for us? With the recent Apple security changes, we had to go through a bunch of extra steps to get this built, so we want to make sure it's working.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Do I seriously have to turn down my new d&d group because you haven’t kept up with iOS? Ugh, it looks like I’d have to upgrade my memory and run boot camp or parallels with windows or Linux. Is that seriously my only option?

10.14 is Mojave not Catalina. I’m running 10.15.7 on one machine and beta of.8 on another. Won’t work on either.

Fantasy Grounds Unity certainly does run on both macOS Mojave and Catalina. I have been part of multiple groups using FGU and were all-Mac. I connect to my games hosted on macOS Catalina from a Mid-2012 MacBook Pro running macOS Mojave so that I can see what my players see.

Make sure you are getting Fantasy Grounds Unity and not Fantasy Grounds Classic.

That said, you must also match with your gaming group. If your group is using Fantasy Grounds Classic, you will need some workaround or a different computer/OS combination in order to be part of that group.

If the hosting DM/GM does not want to use Fantasy Grounds Unity, that is a limitation. Fantasy Grounds Unity cannot connect to games hosted on Fantasy Grounds Classic and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by jaharmi View Post
    Fantasy Grounds Unity certainly does run on both macOS Mojave and Catalina. I have been part of multiple groups using FGU and were all-Mac. I connect to my games hosted on macOS Catalina from a Mid-2012 MacBook Pro running macOS Mojave so that I can see what my players see.

Make sure you are getting Fantasy Grounds Unity and not Fantasy Grounds Classic.
    I'm running 10.15.7 on a brand-new MacBook Pro 16. The installer doesn't work for me, so Akphoenix isn't the only one. I get an error regarding permissions writing to the data and applications folders. I enter the administrator credentials when prompted, so this should allow the program to install.

I downloaded Unity and not Classic.

Very frustrating for a $135 purchase. I've sent an e-mail to support@fantasygrounds, so hopefully they can help get it resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalex View Post
    I'm running 10.15.7 on a brand-new MacBook Pro 16. The installer doesn't work for me, so Akphoenix isn't the only one. I get an error regarding permissions writing to the data and applications folders.
    Can you post a screenshot of the error message?
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    Can you post a screenshot of the error message?
    Sure. Here it is:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    What happens after you enter the administrator credentials? Is their another error message or just nothing happens? Is their any events or info in the system logs? What about your security software? (Sorry, not Mac competent so can't give better direction.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    What happens after you enter the administrator credentials? Is their another error message or just nothing happens? Is their any events or info in the system logs? What about your security software? (Sorry, not Mac competent so can't give better direction.)
    I get that message AFTER the administrator's credentials are entered. When I click the Fix Permissions button, it says the permissions couldn't be fixed. The system log is very verbose, the first line that looks like trouble says that the Smiteworks/Fantasy Grounds/cache folder couldn't be accessed (or created, can't remember exactly).

I'm running BitDefender Pro, and I've tried the intstall with BitDefender running and disabled. No luck either way.

Here's the FGUpdaterEngine log:

<deleted log>

Never mind. I ran the updater several times in a row without uninstalling in between, making sure that I completed every tab in the settings window after I got the permissions error. After 3 or 4 repetitions, FGU finally installed.

Thanks for the help LordEntrails!
    Last edited by Jalex; November 29th, 2020 at 04:40. Reason: New Information

Thread Information