DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Fantasy Grounds Unity updater not unzipping

Here are my issues. First Unity can't always find the program when I launch from a shortcut on my desktop. Once I go into the file and click on the .exe it opens normally. It seems to work when I create a new shortcut from the .exe file.

2nd, and this is the issue I think you were referring to in the forum post. My updater for Unity does not work. It downloads the new updater but when it goes to unzip the updater just freezes up.

I am at work so if you can just let me know what you need I will try to send it. Thank you!

@kevdog45,

When did you last run the installer for FGU? We've had some bumps with the self-updating over time, but the latest one should be better. If you haven't run the installer in the last few weeks, can you run the latest installer first before running an Update?

If you're still having issues, let us know; and I'll also point Ryan to this thread to ask for what he might need to investigate.

Thanks,
    JPG

I will try running the latest installer. I had not done that yet. I will report back when I have done so.

Blog Entries
    Curious because this sounds like issues I've run into before on computers with zip files before...

What happens when you double click (run) a zip file? Does it open a program or prompt for a location or?
    Might their be security on your computer that does not allow executables to write to temp directories? I've had this where it would not let me unzip a file before before during he unzip process, it writes the file to a temp dir until it is done unzipping, then moves it to the target directory. And since I couldn't write to the temp dir it would behave as you describe.

Anyway, let the devs know what operating system and security programs are on your computer. There are also log files in teh FG Data dir that you can check for messages.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I think this is probably a separate issue. Ryan will be able to provide details on logs he needs if the OP still has an issue.

Regards,
    JPG

I ran the new installer and everything worked. I am running up to speed now.

Awesome. Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information