5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[Bug] Importing pregenerated character error

Hi

When I import a character from the provided selection (I mean the character selection from all the campaigns, not the importing selecting a xml file as in FGC) then I get the following error (3.5e here)

Code:
    [2/28/2020 4:53:22 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/charselect_import_entry.lu..."]:23:  
    n�: Invalid parameter 1
    When I import a character as in FGC selecting an xml file then such an error doesn't get produced

Best,

Kelrugem

Blog Entries
    I suspect Moon is going to want the character xml. Can you upload it?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I suspect Moon is going to want the character xml. Can you upload it?
    Ah, yes, I forgot the essential information: It always happens, also with newly created characters in FGU and the error does not get reproduced when importing from an xml file as in FGC; so, I will upload here now one of my characters but when you import that character, then you will not get an error. The error only comes when one uses the new feature to import a character from any campaign one has played in (or is the GM of); I mean when you click import then you get already a list from all possible characters (with the information about the original campaign). That list also allows to import characters without the need to export/import manually the xml data.

Hence, to reproduce:

1. Import the following character xml in campaign A
    2. Open campaign B
    3. Import the same character but using the list of avalaible characters through all campaigns, so import the character directly from campaign A

Then the error should appear, independent of the chosen character
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for detailed steps. My first response was that it imported fine; until I saw the campaign-to-campaign import step. I was able to recreate, and investigating now.

Cheers,
    JPG

The fix will be in the next build.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The fix will be in the next build.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks for the fast fix I just updated and seems to work now

But I may have found another problem (ignore that when you already fixed that, too, and when you meant some other future update with "next build" the error is seemingly in the same line, so maybe already fixed not sure if I already got the next build with my update).

When I do the same again for a character without any protrait then I get:

Code:
    [2/29/2020 12:25:00 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/charselect_import_entry.lu..."]:23:  
    X�V: Invalid portrait parameter
    (by this message it really seems to be related to the missing portrait)

Kel
    Last edited by Kelrugem; February 28th, 2020 at 23:29.

It's a two part fix. Part of issue was CoreRPG issue which was fixed when I posted about fix being in next build; but the second part was actually part of the FGU client build that I'm pushing right now.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It's a two part fix. Part of issue was CoreRPG issue which was fixed when I posted about fix being in next build; but the second part was actually part of the FGU client build that I'm pushing right now.

JPG
    oh, oops, then I was a bit too fast, sorry

Now everything seems to work, thanks a lot

I am getting the error when I import a character from one of my other campaigns. The import works fine, except the portrait and token picture are gone. Error:

[3/31/2020 8:11:38 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/charselect_import_entry.lu..."]:23: activate: Invalid parameter 1

But chat says imported ok : "Pregenerated Character added to campaign." .

Blog Entries
    I'm 98% sure portraits and tokens have never been attached to exported or imported characters and always have to be reassigned.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information