Starfinder Playlist

Water effect bug

For some reason the water effect doesn't want to be on top of the water tile

water effect:
    effect bug.jpg
    switched to snow effect:
    effect bug 1.jpg

Also, is there no way to group stuff and add effect to one layer item or group of layered items?
    Last edited by Copernicus219; February 28th, 2020 at 02:58.

Effects are on a different layer and currently affect the whole map. they can be restricted (as yet) to any part of the map.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I made this, using layers, effects and transparency.

https://youtu.be/KzDYqpAGI7I

I believe the effect will cover every layer beneath it in the stack. I made a map with an ocean texture then applied a water effect above it and then plopped a boat on top of the water effect and everything looked perfect.

If you look at my two screenshots, the only thing I changed was the effect. Clearly a bug.

Also, effects are their own layer, you can move them up and down through the hierarchy and they will show or not show. The issue that I'm seeing is water effect is behaving differently than the other effects for some reason blocking out the water tile.
    Last edited by Copernicus219; February 28th, 2020 at 13:10.

@Copernicus219,

Can you export the image records to a module, and post here for us to look at? I'm hoping that the transition to module preserves what you are seeing, while providing all the art assets we'll need to recreate. Otherwise, we'll have to figure out how to get a copy of what you have going.

To export, just type /export in the chat box, tick the Images record type to export, add a Module Name and File Name, then click the Export button. It will save in your FGU data folder under the modules directory using the File Name you gave it.

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @Copernicus219,

Can you export the image records to a module, and post here for us to look at? I'm hoping that the transition to module preserves what you are seeing, while providing all the art assets we'll need to recreate. Otherwise, we'll have to figure out how to get a copy of what you have going.

To export, just type /export in the chat box, tick the Images record type to export, add a Module Name and File Name, then click the Export button. It will save in your FGU data folder under the modules directory using the File Name you gave it.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Says the file is too large to attach to forums

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pk...rQ6McPeu0YhooC

Thread Information