STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    At the moment but then look at Wonderdraft and compare it to other map software... Dungeondraft is just out, not even version 1 yet.
    I've been using Dungeondraft for only a couple of days and I love it. Very intuitive UI.

Hm, dungeonfog looks a bit generic to me.

Dungeondraft exhumes quality, and the features are immense too, has some real cool creative freedom - as well as a reall unique art style (that sometimes doesn't work for me to be fair).

Here's some examples of maps i've made for my homebrew campaign: (wouldn't let me put images here for some reason).

Watched a basic tutorial of it, looks promising.

What I'd like to see though after watching it, is a colored filter with opacity overlay f/x effect in FGU.
    This would allow us to switch a map from day to nighttime (grayscale kind of works here to, but not as good) on maps and other such effects.

Examples of in-use seen here:
    https://youtu.be/LKbwhrC4vRA?t=885
    and here:
    https://youtu.be/LKbwhrC4vRA?t=1042
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; May 1st, 2020 at 13:20.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

My only real complaints right now is lack of ability to import assets of your own. Related to that is the ability to drop an existing image in as a background to copy/reproduce.

But the UI is simple to use and "just works". This is really starting to look like a spiritual successor to the old Dunjinni mapper. Simple, quick, good maps, works.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

And they've started the first pass of allowing you to import your own assets. It's a bit complicated if you have a large list right now but... it works.

I've imported a large chunk of my Schley assets from CC3+.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

There's also the (also slightly buggy) Dungeon Painter Studio that does pretty nice dungeon maps. I've been using it with FGU, and it has an export option geared for FG.

I use dungeon painter atm and was looking at wonderdraft for a world map. That project deios looks interesting also.

Is there any new opinion after having time to work with this? I'm a little graphically challenged, and am mostly looking for something to do encounter maps with. I've fiddled a little with Dungeon Painter Studio, which was ok, and Arkenforge that looked nice, but for me is pretty clunky, buggy and unintuitive. I know that Wonderdraft has a solid rep, so I'd expect Dungeondraft to get up to speed fast.

100% Dungeondraft is worth it. Extremely easy and fast. I would also goto https://www.cartographyassets.com/as...ngeondraft.99/ and DL some of the free asset packs. They are easy to install using the built in "assets" folder finder.
    "Time is an illusion...lunch time doubly so."

Thanks so much for the reply and information. And the asset links as well. The folks over at the DD Discord channel seem very responsive, and I think I'll go ahead and take the plunge.

Thread Information