5E Character Create Playlist

Question Memory tuning & Optimizations yet?

Has the memory optimization been tuned or addressed yet for FGU? Still getting them long indexing pauses and menu access stalls. Sometimes, up to two minutes, truth be told, when trying to just open an assets folder. Sometimes I will get a pause as FG is trying to catch up to where I am navigating too. Is this still an issue for large address aware memory resources handling or virtual HD space vs ram usage? Well, other than this, I appreciate the fixes and all the hard work done so far, great work folks!

Sincerely,
    Laerun
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

SW probably has their own priorities set, so the optimization of load times will come when it comes. That said, I agree that, from the end-user perspective, that is absolutely the thing they should be working on as soon as possible. There have been some considerable improvements up to this point, but menus with many items are still nowhere near ready and it's FGU's biggest issue as of now.
    "I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library."

Ultimate License Owner

The closer they get to release, the more critical this will become and won't be enough time to fix it. Not everyone will have our understanding and support if the software is performing subpar obliterating their potato computer All people I played so far were very happy that FGC is light and does not require much resources.

But what for me is the major fix they need to do is to disable the horrible dice sound and the time it takes to roll one...
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    The closer they get to release, the more critical this will become and won't be enough time to fix it. Not everyone will have our understanding and support if the software is performing subpar obliterating their potato computer All people I played so far were very happy that FGC is light and does not require much resources.

But what for me is the major fix they need to do is to disable the horrible dice sound and the time it takes to roll one...
    It still takes around 20 to 30 secs sometimes to load things like items and NPCs, but it has improved a little. I agree about the dice sound. It's awful.

Blog Entries
    It's not something they are going to forget about.

As you know, they just rebuilt the network core and are finally at what appears to be the end of issues with that. And they seem to be wrapping up the launcher/updater issues as well, though not sure those are all resolved either. They also still have not yet implemented all of the FGC features/functions yet.

Patience

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information