5E Character Create Playlist

Token Auto-Scale to Grid

This is a pretty basic one and I'm surprised it has not been reported yet but I didn't find it in the known list or on previous posts.

Tokens are auto-scaling only using the horizontal width and not the longest side. This means that portrait images (which I assume are most dimensions) are going to exceed the upper and lower boundaries of the grid. The 80% and 100% options work fine, its just that they only use the one dimension. I'm not sure if this is simply an oversight or if it is a limitation. This hold true for all grid types, square, iso, and both hex.

I'm not seeing this; at least I think I'm not. According to my graphic the portraits as tokens look fine - the left is 80% and the right is 100%
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

@garrion_sw,

What token are you using? If part of a module, let us know which module/token. If custom, please provide the file.

Also, what are the grid settings you are using for width/height?

Can you show us an example picture?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm not seeing this; at least I think I'm not. According to my graphic the portraits as tokens look fine - the left is 80% and the right is 100%
    That is because your images are square. Try it with a rectangular image.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post

What token are you using? If part of a module, let us know which module/token. If custom, please provide the file.
    These are custom token images. There is no problem with any particular module. The occurrence happens regardless of grid size or grid type.
    ________

While I understand all this can be resolved by making all tokens square or round, the issue still remains. It is simply a discrepancy between Classic and Unity that I wanted to point out. Rectangular tokens in Classic will resize to fit the grid taking all dimensions into account, where as Unity only used the horizontal dimension. All cases tested with CoreRPG ruleset.

I discovered all this because I'm playing around with a bunch of new tokens, resizing, cropping, etc. and I wanted to test the limitations and differences between the two versions using a variety of token images for my future reference and to relay to players.
    The results were:
    - Portraits STRETCH to FILL the space and so need to be square to look right in both versions. Both versions will use the portrait as a token if none are selected otherwise, but not vice versa.
    - Portraits can only come from the the Portrait library in Classic, but in Unity they can come from any asset (Token, Portrait, Image) in the library.
    - Portraits are not used on the CT or map (unless you don't have a token image defined) and are only used in the Character window.
    - Tokens FIT to FILL and can be of any dimension in both versions.
    - Tokens can only come from the the Token library in Classic, but in Unity they can come from any asset (Token, Portrait, Image) in the library.
    - The CT always uses the Token as its image and this is also what you place on the map (any dimension).
    - Classic resizes the token to fit in a grid if defined (100% or 80%) using the longest dimension. This means the token will always be inside the grid.
    - Unity resizes the token to fit in a grid if defined (100% or 80%) using the width. This means that portrait images will exceed the upper and lower grid boundaries, but landscape images will not. (This is likely a bug/oversight and I'll address it.)

Classic 80.jpg
    Classic 100.jpg
    Unity 80.jpg
    Unity 100.jpg

Thanks

Thank you very much for the details. This does indeed sound like a bug. I'll add it to our list.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information