Starfinder Playlist

D&D 5E Module Names & Authors

Would it be possible to get all 5E modules consistently named for the unity versions? All the "DD"'s to changed to "D&D" and the "Wizard's" to "Wizards"

There was mention this wasn't done for classic to prevent existing campaign data being screwed up, so I'm hoping the big update will enable it to be sorted.

Edit: Also remove the "5E" from Unearthed Arcana Players
    Last edited by The High Druid; February 24th, 2020 at 21:47.

Quote Originally Posted by The High Druid View Post
    Would it be possible to get all 5E modules consistently named for the unity versions? All the "DD"'s to changed to "D&D" and the "Wizard's" to "Wizards"

There was mention this wasn't done for classic to prevent existing campaign data being screwed up, so I'm hoping the big update will enable it to be sorted.
    /signed!

Unity doesn't change anything since both Classic and Unity use the exact same modules; changing the names will break every campaign that is currently using those modules. When I did this for Storm King's Thunder there were a number of issues for DMs. The only ones left with DD are Curse of Strahd and the Yawning Portal modules. Those were all created in Fantasy Grounds and currently there doesn't exist the means to export from within FG with a display name. I can certainly fix the Wizard's and I'll take a note to remove the 5E from Unearthed Arcana next time I update it (although I'm not sure why that's a problem).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I can certainly fix the Wizard's and I'll take a note to remove the 5E from Unearthed Arcana next time I update it (although I'm not sure why that's a problem).
    Alphabetical order. It's not where you would expect to find it when going through long lists of modules, in this case next to the DM version of the module which doesn't have the 5E.

It's the same with the DD's (where there are also issues with DMG, Elemental Evil, and Volos modules). Curse of Strahd, for example, should appear after Basic Rules and before Dragon of Icespire Peak. Yes, it's only a minor annoyance, but it's one that crops up regularly, and lots of minor annoyances can turn into large frustrations over time. Yes, you can search, but that's an extra step that isn't necessary if the modules are in a logical order. (This also applies to all the group names in images, classes, feats, etc. but at least they can be edited)

I just did a full pass of all WOTC 5E products to standardize the display names as well as fix the "Wizard's" author issue. You will need to Update to see the changes.

Please note, as Zacchaeus mentioned, there are some longer term workflow issues that may revert a few of them in the medium term; but I've fixed as many source files as I can.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I just did a full pass of all WOTC 5E products to standardize the display names as well as fix the "Wizard's" author issue. You will need to Update to see the changes.
    I could hug you right now . . .

Thread Information