DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

SFRPG Quality of Life changes

Based on feedback from my players I have started making some changes to the SFRPG ruleset.

The big one was extending support of reloading weapons to handle ammo. The second is improved inventory sorting to make things a bit more manageable than alphabetical sorting.

If you encounter any issues feel free to let me know and I'll take a look. Constructive criticism is also welcome.

Any other usability feature requests that Samarex does not have time to work on are also open for consideration. I'm currently working on modifying DOELocations to improve the shopping experience for players if anyone is interested. This is still a WIP, but my players seem to really enjoy having a usable shopping interface when they are hanging out around town.

PC Inventory Sorting:
    Standard:
    Standard Sort.PNG

Updated:
    Modified Sort.PNG

Reload Prompt:
    Reload Prompt.PNG

PS Thanks to Teddy for sharing how to repackage as an extension.

Updates:
    3/9: Now apply to mini charsheet

SFRPG Inventory Mod.ext
    Last edited by iamscience; March 9th, 2020 at 23:44.

Great work iamscience!. I would recommend creating an extension instead as this wouldn't require any file manipulation on the user. They can simply enable your changes through this extension. A great tutorial can be located here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...asic-Extension

Guh, thanks teddy. I knew I'd end up doing something dumb here~ I'm still pretty new to Fantasy Grounds development

Re-packaged as an extension and updated link

Thank you for supporting the ruleset!
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by iamscience View Post
    Based on feedback from my players I have started making some changes to the SFRPG ruleset.

The big one was extending support of reloading weapons to handle ammo. The second is improved inventory sorting to make things a bit more manageable than alphabetical sorting.

If you encounter any issues feel free to let me know and I'll take a look. Constructive criticism is also welcome.

Any other usability feature requests that Samarex does not have time to work on are also open for consideration. I'm currently working on modifying DOELocations to improve the shopping experience for players if anyone is interested. This is still a WIP, but my players seem to really enjoy having a usable shopping interface when they are hanging out around town.

PS Thanks to Teddy for sharing how to repackage as an extension

Attachment 31756
    Can you provide some instructions and a screenshot of what your ext does to the character sheet? I loaded your ext and could not see the features you mentioned on the character sheet.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    Can you provide some instructions and a screenshot of what your ext does to the character sheet? I loaded your ext and could not see the features you mentioned on the character sheet.
    same.. still trying to figure out what it does or how to use it

EDIT: figured out that a window will pop up when the weapon goes empty and you click the ammo amount block to reload.. the inventory sorting, i am still trying to figure out.
    Last edited by Bloodright; March 8th, 2020 at 08:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodright View Post
    EDIT: figured out that a window will pop up when the weapon goes empty and you click the ammo amount block to reload.. the inventory sorting, i am still trying to figure out.
    Thanks!
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    My Forge Creations

Hey folks,

As I was re-testing everything I realized I didn't apply this to the mini char sheet yet. Is that where you working by chance? All my players use the full sheet so I hadn't considered this. I will get to work on updating the extension so everything is uniform.

I will be updating the initial post with this as well.

The reload has been applied over to the standard reload on the Character Sheet > Actions tab. When the reload action is executed a prompt will be displayed with the ammo type selector.
    reload select ammo.PNG

Inventory sorting is auto-applied, I haven't added any config to enable or disable it. Attaching some screenshots showing with and without enabled:

Standard:
    without inventory mod.PNG

Mod enabled:
    with inventory mod.PNG

Good extension. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by halander1; May 2nd, 2020 at 06:53. Reason: I'm an idiot and misdiagnosed

Thread Information