5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Hitting Enter Doesn't Update

Hello

I've had this problem for some time now and it is rather annoying.
    It is only happening with my laptop. On my PC, it is working just fine.

When I go to any tab (NPC's, Images, Story, etc), type in some text and hit enter, nothing happens.

I have to close the window and open it again for it to register the typed in words.

Like if I typed "Orc", the list of NPC's won't update.
    But if I close the window.
    Open it again.
    It will have updated with all entries containing "Orc".

The Enter button does work. I can create line breaks, activate icons on the desktop, etc.
    It is only in Fantasy Grounds there is a problem.

Blog Entries
    What ruleset? What extensions? Does it reproduce in a new campaign with no extension after you have run an Update?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Check the versions of the rulesets you're loading. What versions to they show in the chat window after loading the campaign?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The problem occurs with any ruleset I use.

And did a test after you suggested, and yes; the problem is also present with a completely clean campaign (tried different games. D&D, Pathfinder, Fate, etc.)

The ruleset that is loaded is v3.3.9.

On your laptop, navigate to the FGData folder (Click the folder icon on the top right of the start screen to get there), and open up the rulesets folder. Delete the file called CoreRPG.pak and update FG. See if that helps.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Nerosus View Post
    The ruleset that is loaded is v3.3.9.
    Was that the version of the CoreRPG ruleset as well? When you load 5E, for example, it will load 2 rulesets - CoreRPG and 5E. The version of both will be reported in the chat window.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Dang.. Didn't seem to work deleting the coreRPG file.

It is the version of both the CoreRPG and 5E rules (when loading 5E).

What version shows at the top right of the main FG startup screen?

It is says v.3.3.8 ULTIMATE.

Went ahead and checked the version on my PC, and it sais v.3.3.9 ULTIMATE.

So, I have done many updates since this problem occured, so I am assuming that for whatever reason, my laptop refuses to update the launcher and that may be the problem.

That is the problem. This time go into the install folder for FG and delete the FanatasyGrounds.exe file and run the updater directly from the same location.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information