STAR TREK 2d20

Eraser not working for drawings

Hi

Not sure whether that's known or how it should work at the end: There is now the possibility of drawing things while in the play mode (not only in the painting mode). The eraser of the painting mode can not erase drawings of the play mode (but vice versa the erasing works); moreover, for the eraser and drawing of the play mode it would be nice when they could configured a bit (at least the eraser of the play mode is a bit clunky to use since its radius is a bit too small )

Have fund and good/much success

Kelrugem

This is expected functionality. The drawing/erase tool in Play mode (also accessible from toolbar) is for quick drawings mostly for players (but can also be done by GM). For GM drawing, they have much more advanced tools in the Paint mode. The toolsets are similar but independent.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    This is expected functionality. The drawing/erase tool in Play mode (also accessible from toolbar) is for quick drawings mostly for players (but can also be done by GM). For GM drawing, they have much more advanced tools in the Paint mode. The toolsets are similar but independent.

Regards,
    JPG
    Aahhh, okay, I didn't think about that this is mainly for players; thanks a lot for the information

Best,

Kelrugem

Not exactly what OP was posting about, but it does seem to have different issues. I'll draw on a map using the Player drawing, and the eraser seems to only erase sometimes. Like it is lagging behind my mouse unless I go slowly. The drawing tool also does a thing where the mouse changes between the brush and the pointer constantly. You should be able to replicate the erasing issue by drawing a big blob, then trying to erase a line over it quickly and another slowly so you can see the difference. It also seems like the eraser erases everything under it not at once. Instead it erases the lines under it line by line. So if a bunch of lines overlap, it won't erase all of them right away and will instead take a bit of time erasing them all.

The image linked, is of a bunch of lines that were overlapping I drew. About 6-7 lines vertically. I then went to erase them vertically and this is what happened.

https://i.imgur.com/rlpBORy.png

I filed a new task (FGU-907). Please post issues in a new thread when possible, unless they are exactly the same.

One caveat is that all drawings and paintings are stroke/line based; so the erase tool is actually breaking down line strokes (not pure bitmap erase like in pure drawing programs).

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information