Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Pathfinder 2 Combat Tracker

The words "Melee" or "Ranged" are inserted at the start of each weapon/attack entry for an NPC/Monster. This messes up the attack roll calculation. Either ignore the words or do not put them there in the first place.

This is the same as in FG Classic and it works fine in FG Classic - it will show Melee or Ranged at the beginning of each "Atk" line in the combat tracker and still be able to roll attacks and damage.

Do you have an example creature that works fine in FG Classic (i.e the attack and damage rolls work fine) and that shows the same data in FG Unity but the attack and damage entries don't roll?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

My apologies, in my programming life I hated it when users handed me a "problem" with pathetically inadequate details to point me in the right direction.

I am running the "Fall of Plaguestone" PF2 module purchased from your good selves.

For example, the NPC Hallod in the Hallod's Hideout encounter fails in in the manner described when added to the Combat Tracker. Double clicking on the kukri melee attack ignores the +11 bonus and just rolls the d20.

I tried exactly the same encounter in FG Classic, seems to work just fine.

I was going to create a new Hallod taking the details from the PDF statblock for him but how do you type in the one action etc symbols? Copy/Paste from the PDF does not seem to work.

And on further investigation, most of the NPCs in this module exhibit the same problem.

Thanks for the info. I’ll investigate further.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hello, Bolstaf!

This is a known bug, and it's already reported and it's known to the developers. This is a FGU Bug.
    [FGU-671] - [PF2] NPC entry attack rolls not recognized

I've been using PF2 a lot on FG Unity, for now a workaround for this problem is actually open the NPC entry and make attack rolls from there, instead of rolling from the Combat Tracker. And I advise you to do that even on FG Classic: Many monsters have really interesting abilities that go unnoticed unless you open the whole thing, it doesn't show up on the CT.

OK, good to know and yes the Bestiary full window does work properly. Yes it is FGU only, same module same encounter in FG Classic works OK.

Yep, what Drow said. You can look under the spells tab to find them. Not sure if it's the same tab in unity. Still waiting on a demo and ok to share with my players before I dig into it.

Not sure what you are saying here? How is the spells tab involved?

And when creating NPCs from scratch, what keystrokes or text strings are used to create the melee/ranged attack special symbols for "single action" etc?

Thread Information