DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Character sheet some things that I'm missing

Hey there, we recently switch from Roll20 to FG and started a new adventure.

There are some things that I'm missing, either they aren't avaiable or somewhere hidden, so probably you could help me

1. When I level up, do I have to manually calculate my hitpoints (1d8+con mod)? In Roll20 I'd just add my dice roll to the class hp and the Max HP are calculated in a seperate section.
    2. Is there a way to see all avaiable skillpoints?
    3. Speaking of skills, is there a way to add more than just misc. bonus to a skill? In Roll20 the bonus section was seperated to race, trait, feat, item and misc bonus.
    4. Is there a way to add notes to a specific roll? E.g. +2 bonus on saving throws against enchantment

Best regards

Shaffi
    Last edited by Shaffi; February 19th, 2020 at 13:14. Reason: not a native speaker :)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaffi View Post
    Hey there, we recently switch from Roll20 to FG and started a new adventure.

There are some things that I'm missing, either they aren't avaiable or somewhere hidden, so probably you could help me

1. When I level up, do I have to manually calculate my hitpoints (1d8+con mod)? In Roll20 I'd just add my dice roll to the class hp and the Max HP are calculated in a seperate section.
    2. Is there a way to see all avaiable skillpoints?
    3. Speaking of skills, is there a way to add more than just misc. bonus to a skill? In Roll20 the bonus section was seperated to race, trait, feat, item and misc bonus.
    4. Is there a way to add notes to a specific roll? E.g. +2 bonus on saving throws against enchantment

Best regards

Shaffi
    Hi and welcome

The answers depend a bit about how much you already know about FG I will try to keep my answer short first but when you have questions then please ask

In FG you have a lot of automation by drag&drop, e.g. you can drag&drop a class onto a character and it automatically adds and calculates some things (you will see the changes in the chat) and HP are automatically calculated by its HD (the average rounded up + CON, but you can adjust that manually of course). Open some class in the class banner on the right and go to the tab "Other", there the automation is defined I.e. you can also add own classes and automate them as well (so, FG has a custom compendium with automation which Roll20 still does not have; since you come from Roll20 as I did you probably like that) There is some place about the character's classes and there is some magnifying glass next to it, clicking on that you'll see how many skill points you got from each class (respecting INT). In the skills tab you can see at the top how many points you have spent, respecting the difference of non-class and class skills (but it will not work well for multiclassing; but that is no problem because for each level up you can look how many skill points you got and then you only have to see that the total number at the skills tab gets adjusted by this new amount of skill points, I mean the total number of spent skill points will not be correct in the skills tab for multiclassing but for calculating how many skill points you have spent at the level up, which you're doing at this moment, you can use the total number very well)

Sadly, only the AC fields have different bonus types in the character sheet which are respected very well in the automation in sense of stacking and so on When you want to use other bonus types for other things as well with their automation then you should use effects, see here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+3.5E+Effects

You can also use the effects as notes to remind you about things as in your 4. point There is also an extension automating that example, i.e. you get automatically +2 against enchantments using that mentioned extension, but rather first learn FG without extensions

Have fun,

Kel
    Last edited by Kelrugem; February 19th, 2020 at 15:08.

@Shaffi

I would also recommend watching videos by Mr. Z.:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zacchaeus55/videos

He goes in depth of a lot of the functionality that is FG.
    "Time is an illusion...lunch time doubly so."

Thread Information