DICE PACKS BUNDLE

My first official FGU session with my group! :)

While I've done a lot of testing and coding for FGU, I finally ported my FGC campaign fully over to FGU and we all took a dive in at the deep end.

Thus I wanted to report back on how things went for my first official session in FGU with my regular group.
    This is how things went.

We played a full 4 hour session with 4 players, in DnD 5E, and overall it was an outstanding success!

While I did keep a mind to not push anything to hard this first time, taking it slow as such. So avoided opening or looking through assets or working with any overly large maps etc. during the game. Did all that sort of work pre-session.

Everyone connected to my session through the FGU lobby for the first time.
    The first thing we noticed, is that while downloading all the modules and campaign data for the first connection. In FGC would normally take 20-30 minutes until everyone was done. In FGU this seemed to happen over the span of 2-5 minutes, this new network code blew us away with that!

Furthermore in FGC whenever my server would hang up for whatever reason, the players would notice.
    While there were a number of temporary server client freezes (much like in FGC). None of the players made any remarks on their client hanging when it happened on my end.

Over the session I presented high quality battlemaps and tokens, rain and ocean effects, including LOS on one map, and a number of art pieces to set the tone.

Everyone was loving the new effects and the LOS, and when I brought them together on an underwater map, people got really excited.
    All the players were actively drawing arrows and lines, taking advantage of the new zoom to fit feature and moved their tokens with keyboard and mouse.
    Also we were finally able to take full advantage of my 5E Enhancer extension for FGU which was great.

We only experienced a couple of disconnects towards the end of the evening.
    The first player was unable to reconnect for about 5 minutes as the username and character was allegedly already in use, but eventually got back in.
    The second player only had a mini-disconnect. It said they were disconnected on my end, but the client managed to re-establish connection without restarting the client before long.

One player had some issues towards the end of the evening with managing to roll the correct dice checks of their character sheet and dropping them on targets on the map. He only mentioned this after he had his hard disconnect (the first player mentioned above).

One of the players had some minor brightness flickers/changes on their client screen at times. They had a 144hz screen, we theorized it might be connected to the 30 fps lock and their graphics card not being able to v-sync properly with the monitor due to it.

There was some lag of the dice rolls animations at times, for myself and the players.

Myself and one of the players had the image of a dice that was thrown, stuck on the screen over the chat for about half the session. Rolling dice worked fine, it was just a graphical glitch left after one of the dice throws.

That aside, everything worked and we had a great session despite these minor bugs and issues over the night. We'll be continuing on again next week with more FGU!
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; February 19th, 2020 at 18:43. Reason: Originally typed up after the session in the middle of the night. No change to content, made the text a better read.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Thread Information