Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Map Reset

Map Reset

After creating a new map with all my LOS setup I typically will run a test session by myself just verify that I have not missed any areas, am not getting untoward reveals etc.

But, when I restart FGU later is seems to "remember" all of the revealed areas in both the GM and Player screens. Is there a simple way to reset a map to totally unexplored and unrevealed.

Also, the mask system seems to be incompatible with LOS. True? False?

I'm pretty sure if you delete the player token, it resets the map for them, but I'm not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolstaf View Post
    After creating a new map with all my LOS setup I typically will run a test session by myself just verify that I have not missed any areas, am not getting untoward reveals etc.

But, when I restart FGU later is seems to "remember" all of the revealed areas in both the GM and Player screens. Is there a simple way to reset a map to totally unexplored and unrevealed.

Also, the mask system seems to be incompatible with LOS. True? False?
    Indeed, remove any tokens and then switch off LOS and then switch it back on again.

The mask is indeed compatible with LOS. It works the same way as it does in classic in that you need to reveal areas. It doesn't work any differently in Unity than it does in Classic.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

There's also a new radial menu option when right clicking on the token under the visibility submenu for resetting FOW for that token.

For removing FOW from lots of tokens, it's best to delete and re-add.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Indeed, remove any tokens and then switch off LOS and then switch it back on again.
    Yes, that works, thanks for that. Deleting the token on the GM map also deletes any revealed areas on the player (client) map. Does not seem to be necessary to turn LOS on and off.

Related problem. We play Pathfinder 2 using an LED TV (laid flat) as the game table, no remote players (yet). In this mode only the first character token placed on the GM map affects the LOS reveal on the player map. Any other character tokens can be moved around on the GM map but do not cause any new LOS to be seen on the player map even if they are moved into a previously unrevealed area. I assume that the current implementation is based on the assumption that each player would have their own client display as in remote connecting? It would be great if the GM could switch between characters and toggle LOS reveal amongst character tokens.

Any "owned" PC tokens will show LoS by default. So, you would need to log in as every PC you want to show by default.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    A client can take control of more than one PC, does that resolve?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    A client can take control of more than one PC, does that resolve?
    This is what I was thinking as well. Then you just click on the individual tokens to see what LOS is showing for that person.

Blog Entries
    I've also read that they is a way to do a group LOS if you prefer. But not sure, maybe its a right clock on the token option?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Let me see if I follow you, here is what I did...…

1. Deleted all PCs created in the GM host instance.

2. Created 2 new PCs in a client instance connected to the GM instance campaign.

3. Ensured that both of the PCs were owned by the client instance. Not sure what difference this makes since the GM and Client instance are both me on the same computer.

4. Added both PCs (A & B) to the Combat Tracker and GM map.

5. Shared the GM Map with the client. Both PC tokens showed up just fine in both.

6. Moving PC A on the GM map moves the token on the client map and shows LOS for that token in both maps.

7. Moving PC B on the GM map moves the token on both maps BUT shows LOS changes ONLY on the GM map.

8. Clicking on the PC B token on the client map switches the focus to that token and displays current LOS for PC B

9. Moving PC A on the GM map now does NOT show PC A LOS changes on the client map.

10. Seems that the GM client needs to be "notified" which is the currently "active" token only be selecting it on the client map.

Expected behavior?

All seems a bit clunky, would be nice if the GM tokens were automatically activated by selecting them on the GM map. Maybe a future enhancement?

Thread Information