FG Spreadshirt Swag

FGC Discount or License for those with FGU Ultimate?

I'm a new GM in FG, and I'm hoping to run a game. I bought into FGU with the hopes it would be release ready sometime after the kickstarter.
    I know the challenges developing such a system can have, and I'm willing to wait, though now I wish I had bought into FGC so I can run a game.

Will there be any consideration for a license for FGC during the dev cycle for FGU? Or a discount at least?
    Would be fairly simple to temporarily give a subscription to those with only FGU so they can at least run games. Idea being here it's better to retain customers and bring more into FG, then letting development delay those that have started with FGU.

Thanks!

Unity pricing and upgrade details here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ease-Date-Info
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Unity pricing and upgrade details here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ease-Date-Info
    Right, but this only covers 'upgrading' from FGC to FGU. I'm more interested in being able to run FGC, since FGU is not ready yet. Would be nice for those of us who backed the kickstarter to be able to run a game.

You can run a game now in FGU; but with the codicil that things might break.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Networking issues seem pretty common this week. Hopefully by the end of this week.

Make sure you sign up for the newsletter, that way you will get notified of any sales. But probably not enough of a discount to be better than a subscription for a month or two.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    You could always just go with a monthly subscription on Classic to pass the (hopefully) ~ 2 months until Unity is released.

Personally I think it will take longer than the end of March, but I have no inside knowledge.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Yeah given that a stable FGU is away off. A few months, maybe?
    I'm asking SmiteWorks to be kind and give those that have an FGU Ultimate license monthly sub to FGC so they can run games. Just until FGU is stable and released.
    Essentially FGU is the latest version to FGC, and typically when you buy the latest version you get the same license for previous versions.

I don't think it's fair to those that have spent $135+ to not be able to use a previous edition of the game. I totally can understand the cost of upgrading, just not 'downgrading'. In short, I want more GMs running FG, myself being one of them.

Blog Entries
    I believe their was an option during the pledge fulfillment to add on a FGC license. If I'm remembering that correctly, not sure how those people would feel. It's a tough situation for all. Hopefully what ever happens doesn't sour anybody.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    They have had 2 big sales recently where Standard licenses were 75% off and Ultimate 40% or more off.
    That was the route they went with, in combination with the discount on the end license, to handle this situation.

I would recommend contacting their support directly instead of in the forums.

Thread Information