STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Do note, you can not publish FG products on DriveThru unless you have a explicit agreement with SmiteWorks. At least that is my understanding.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    That is correct. The DMsGuild is the only avenue where you do not need to have a prior license/agreement with SmiteWorks.
    Good to know!

Can someone give an example of the Wizards of the Coast's Fan Content Policy disclaimer to add to a module I am making in Fantasy Grounds? I wrote this but not sure if its good enough. Spent hours googling with no examples anywhere.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
    Created under the Wizards of the Coast's Fan Content Policy. Return to Keep on Borderlands is unofficial fan content permitted under the Fan Content Policy. Not approved/endorsed by Wizards of the Coast.
    Open Game License v 1.0a Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, LLC.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StylinLP38 View Post
    Can someone give an example of the Wizards of the Coast's Fan Content Policy disclaimer to add to a module I am making in Fantasy Grounds? I wrote this but not sure if its good enough. Spent hours googling with no examples anywhere.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
    Created under the Wizards of the Coast's Fan Content Policy. Return to Keep on Borderlands is unofficial fan content permitted under the Fan Content Policy. Not approved/endorsed by Wizards of the Coast.
    Open Game License v 1.0a Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, LLC.
    The Fan Content Policy itself suggests this;
    “[Title of your Fan Content] is unofficial Fan Content permitted under the Fan Content Policy. Not approved/endorsed by Wizards. Portions of the materials used are property of Wizards of the Coast. ©Wizards of the Coast LLC.”
    I would not mix things in by also referencing the OGL. They are two separate agreements and if you are following the requirements of the FCP, then I don't think you don't need to also comply with the OGL. Not sure if there is a use case that would require both.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Perfect. Thank you. I will use that statement when creating modules.

OGL and FCP are mutually exclusive AFAIK

Blog Entries
    A note regarding developments since this was written or otherwise edited, community extensions (not modules!) are no longer allowed for distribution on the DMsGuild. SmiteWorks is working on a community "Forge" to replace monetarization as well as formalize and enhance community extension distribution. Until that is published, I am not aware of anywhere that FG extensions can be sold without an explicit agreement with SmiteWorks. As always, they can still be distributed for free via this forum.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    A note regarding developments since this was written or otherwise edited, community extensions (not modules!) are no longer allowed for distribution on the DMsGuild. SmiteWorks is working on a community "Forge" to replace monetarization as well as formalize and enhance community extension distribution. Until that is published, I am not aware of anywhere that FG extensions can be sold without an explicit agreement with SmiteWorks. As always, they can still be distributed for free via this forum.
    If they are 5E only extensions they can be sold on DMsGuild still.

Blog Entries
    Apparently, the OP here needs to be re-written given this statement from Moon from another thread;
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If you are using our code as the basis to develop your extensions, or copying our code to replace assets/scripts; you do not have the rights to enter that code into another license. You should be clear that only new code created for your community project is covered under whatever license you choose; and that code copied from our code remains under our license.

Also, to Trenloe's point; we can't incorporate any code which is under a license not owned by the author, so open source license projects will most likely never be considered for incorporation since they would have to be rewritten from scratch.

Regards,
    JPG
    Expect a re-write once I know what to say.

Thread Information