FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Hasbro Announces They Will Announce New Digital Plans...

Yep, an announcement that they are going to make an announcement... On February 21st.

Brian D. Goldner -- Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
    We look forward to sharing our 2020 new gaming plans for Magic and D&D on February 21.
    Magic: The Gathering revenues increased more than 30% in the year, behind double-digit growth in tabletop play and a strong first year for Magic: The Gathering Arena. Dungeons & Dragons revenues grew for the sixth straight year, and we are meaningfully investing in both brands to drive engaging storytelling, while developing new digital games with high margin profitable growth longer term. We look forward to sharing our 2020 new gaming plans for Magic and D&D on February 21.
    In addition, for D&D, we did see our sixth straight year of growth. We are seeing about 150 million hours of content viewed on Twitch and YouTube, which is up nearly 50% year-on-year. In the first half of 2020, we are seeing a lot of new initiatives coming for the brand, but again I'm going to let Chris walk us through at at our Analyst Day, our plans for digital gaming, which are again substantial for D&D that begins in 2020.
    You'll also see great digital game development for D&D. And we will see you on February 21 to outline that.
    Source: The Motley Fool's transcript of Hasbro's Q4 Earnings Call

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I expect price increases. Nothing good.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yep, an announcement that they are going to make an announcement... On February 21st.

"You have received this letter from the Central Bureaucracy to notify you that your about to receive a letter from the Central Bureaucracy"
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post

"You have received this letter from the Central Bureaucracy to notify you that your about to receive a letter from the Central Bureaucracy"
    Golden!
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post

*lol* Yea, kind of funny now how everybody tells you they are going to tell you something before they tell you something

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I completely agree "Valyar". To the best of my recollection Hasbro has always considered D&D the ugly step sister that they had been saddled with. Now they realize they've had Cinderella all along and view her like Red Riding Hood's wolf looking at a cash cow.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Source: The Motley Fool's transcript of Hasbro's Q4 Earnings Call
    The following is not investment advice, but I've subscribed to Motley Fool's Stock Advisor since 2016, and most of its recommendations I've bought are rocking for my portfolio. Just resubscribed to Rule Breakers and have bought some of those recommendations, also golden. So, anyway, nice source.
    Last edited by L. R. Ballard; February 13th, 2020 at 03:26. Reason: Added open quote to quotation.

Blog Entries
    What we've seen across the industry is that the top growth drivers in the traditional toy and game industry are all associated with storytelling, as well as engagement across platforms like gaming and other experiences.

Blog Entries
    I thought about adding that quote... Anyway, if you are interested in Disney, Star Wars, Marvel etc there is a bunch of talk about those topics. As well as the recent acquisition of eOne. Of course, the only important thing there is Mandalorian season 2 is coming out this fall.

Blog Entries

Update: Blah, Blah, Blah...

Okay so the 21st has come and passed. What's the news? Nothing of importance that I could find with respect to VTT.

Hasbro and WotC want to concentrate on video games. Good. Hasbro, keep your mitts off VTT. You can only mess it up.

The announcement - five year plan.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Thread Information