5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    I have had that issue before for other programs. Usually you can right-click > properties, and at the bottom there will be a security notice with an "Unblock" button. But I'm not getting that with the installer or updater. Again, no security software other than Windows built-in stuff and I checked the logs there. Nothing is being blocked. :/

Thanks for the tips so far, still stuck though

I'm haivng the same issue. It is happening on 2 different comptuers. Install, run the update, the exe goes away and the updater crashes.

Just reporting that I'm having exactly the same problems as mentioned above (just trying to install FGU for the first time now to a new folder). Also put exceptions to the folders/exe file in Windows Firewall and my AV software, rebooted and reinstalled... Nothing works

tried reinstalling, same issue, crashing out on the updater.

Hey guys,

I just reverted the installer to the previous version, since the new one seems to have some issues. Can you try again?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Hey guys,

I just reverted the installer to the previous version, since the new one seems to have some issues. Can you try again?

Regards,
    JPG
    Did you want us to re-download the installer?

-re-downloaded the FGUWebinstall
    -deleted the smiteworks folder
    -ran the new installer

-got the same results.

No exe and the updates stops responding and crashes.
    Last edited by PaganBlack; February 11th, 2020 at 19:42.

@PaganBlack,

Are you sure that you don't have some security software that is quarantining the software while it's trying to run? When executable files "disappear", it often is caused by security software quarantining those software files.

Regards,
    JPG

Also, just pushed a new installer update from Ryan that uses the latest updater executable as well as better checking for redistributables and ask to continue on failed redistributable install.

Thanks,
    JPG

If it was just happening on mine, i might go that route but this is happening to a few people. I’m having this happen in 2 different computers. One on my laptop and the other on my friends computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Also, just pushed a new installer update from Ryan that uses the latest updater executable as well as better checking for redistributables and ask to continue on failed redistributable install.

Thanks,
    JPG

I will download and try to install.

Thread Information