DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Cannot find any Pathfinder Shattered Star adventure paths in the Fantasy Grounds shop

I cannot find any Pathfinder Shattered Star adventure paths in the Fantasy Grounds shop, if they are really unavailable is there an easy way for a newbie to get them into Fantasy Grounds ? if not will it ever become available to purchase ?

regards

Dave Dogge

Welcome to the FG forums. As you've found. not every Paizo adventure path has been converted to FG. A lot have, but not all.

They are converted by community developers and it's up to the developer to decide which product they want to spend the many hours converting. I don't know it Shattered Star is actively being worked on.

If you play your game using a voice application (most people do) then you really just need to get the images, maps NPCs and maybe things like items and treasure parcels into FG. Start with just the bare minimum of what you need.

These creature parsers can help get the NPC data into FG: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...2-Beta-Version or https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...pulated-spells

Info on extracting assets and importing into FG here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...antasy-Grounds
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It's not too bad, particularly if you follow Trenloe's excellent advice - I'm currently converting Into the Nightmare Rift, using the CreatureGen parser (which works from inside Fantasy Grounds) to make things easier. I'd also strongly recommend valeros's Map Align tool, which really helps with getting maps with squares that will align with the FG grid - you can find it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...gn-map-to-grid

The biggest issue is cutting and pasting from the pdf - because it is more of an OCR than straight cut/paste you get weird formatting and spelling errors.

Putting an AP into the system *does* make you super familiar with the material though.

Blog Entries
    Paste to a plain text editor before you paste into FG. It will get rid of all those extra characters. I use Notepad++

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yeah - but it doesn't fix the 'double spaced lines' or the fact that words with an 'i' in the middle of them (like fire) will just be missing a letter - so 'the fre burns' - or when the S converts to a 5.

They are minor things but I feel like 90% of my time pulling from a PDF is fixing stupid text issues.

Blog Entries
    Yep, those things are because of something called... I can't remember, it's where the font actually replaces two characters with one so that it can better control spacing between them. Nothing a text editor can do The S=5 actually comes from the OCR part, again, by the time you get the content it too late. About the best you can do is run a spell check on it. Note that Notepad++ has a spell check add-on you can get

And it's probably 95% of your time is spent cleaning it up :0

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

So, I've actually been working on Shattered Star book 2 over the last couple of weeks. I'm actually running book 1, and I know that's been made available by Paizo in FGU, but not the rest of the books in the AP.

Should I complete this project (and I wasn't using any parsers or anything, but I may have to check out those links from Trenloe above) and want to submit to Fantasy Grounds and/or Paizo, how does one do that? How does it go from personal or community project, to "Hey, this book is now officially available"? Are there guidelines beyond just "here's how you make a module" to make a publicly available or "official" Pathfinder module?

For example, in perusing other posts about making modules, I came across that if you link to an NPC in another mod, that mod must be opened by users of your campaign mod. So, for example, if in an AP module, you have an encounter with a goblin. And instead of creating a goblin NPC entry from scratch in your AP module, you just created an Encounter that used the goblin from Pathfinder Bestiary. Does that mean anyone who used your AP module MUST have the Pathfinder Bestiary to see/run that encounter? If so, does that mean that, even though a monster/NPC may be from another source, you need to copy all NPCs/monsters over to your module, in case a user doesn't have a particular mod themselves?

Update: Found an answer to that last paragraph in a mod creation guide...essentially yes. NPCs, Items, etc. from other sources should be copied into the AP mod. However, it mentions to be aware of Intellectual Property restrictions. Well, this whole thing is Paizo's intellectual property. Which is why if I ever complete it and send it out, it'd be to them to approve and make available to others.

And I haven't noticed any missing i's in my project, but I have noticed that words with the letter combination "fl" will have a space in between.
    Last edited by pmeade3; February 2nd, 2022 at 22:11.

@pmeade3 - reach out to James Holloway at [email protected]. He’s the SmiteWorks production coordinator and can give you more details.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Will do, thank you Trenloe.

Thread Information