DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last

Thank you for creating this, I really like it. I have A couple of suggestions for it. Make an NPCs type where DMs and players could keep notes on specific NPCs. Add a field to the places type for maps. I am adding them in the location field, but having its own field would be nice. Add an encounters field so all the encounters for the place can be seen in one place. Thanks again for this great tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Zandel View Post
    Thank you for creating this, I really like it. I have A couple of suggestions for it. Make an NPCs type where DMs and players could keep notes on specific NPCs. Add a field to the places type for maps. I am adding them in the location field, but having its own field would be nice. Add an encounters field so all the encounters for the place can be seen in one place. Thanks again for this great tool!
    There is already a field for NPCs and also a field for Images and if you need to you could add encounters anywhere (although I'm not sue what the use case for this would be). Players can make notes on anything they like in the PC Notes field. So that's where they'd put stuff regarding any NPCs that they want to record information about. The DM can use the DM notes or the Major NPCs field to do the same.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

There is already a field for NPCs and also a field for Images and if you need to you could add encounters anywhere (although I'm not sue what the use case for this would be). Players can make notes on anything they like in the PC Notes field. So that's where they'd put stuff regarding any NPCs that they want to record information about. The DM can use the DM notes or the Major NPCs field to do the same.
    There is a field for NPCs, but You can't easily correlate notes in it to a specific NPC if you have multiple NPCs in a place. Players that enter notes about an NPC would see them when looking at the place record, but if they met that NPC somewhere else they have no way to search for those notes by NPC name (At least that I know of). Encounters are less important, my use case is just to see them all in the place record, I know I can link a story element and have the encounters in the story element, but that's just 1 more window I have to open, just would add a little ease of use

There is a field for NPCs, but You can't easily correlate notes in it to a specific NPC if you have multiple NPCs in a place. Players that enter notes about an NPC would see them when looking at the place record, but if they met that NPC somewhere else they have no way to search for those notes by NPC name (At least that I know of). Encounters are less important, my use case is just to see them all in the place record, I know I can link a story element and have the encounters in the story element, but that's just 1 more window I have to open, just would add a little ease of use
    They could set up various entries for different things - they don't necessarily need to be bound by the labels on the entries. They could for example group all of the NPCs they meet into one record with a link against each NPC to the place where they met that NPC first (or subsequently).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

They could set up various entries for different things - they don't necessarily need to be bound by the labels on the entries. They could for example group all of the NPCs they meet into one record with a link against each NPC to the place where they met that NPC first (or subsequently).
    Absolutely, I just think having an NPC type with its own set of fields adds a lot of versatility. Most World building tools out there World Anvil, Chronica, etc. have an NPC record. The tool is great as it is, not trying to be critical, but offer suggestions.

Absolutely, I just think having an NPC type with its own set of fields adds a lot of versatility. Most World building tools out there World Anvil, Chronica, etc. have an NPC record. The tool is great as it is, not trying to be critical, but offer suggestions.
    Ah, ok. I think I misunderstood you. You mean have a whole record type for NPC - not just an NPC field in the places record type.

Blog Entries
    Hey Zandel - sorry Im still not 100% sure I follow the NPC suggestion.
    Could you perhaps mock up an image of what you are describing?

NPC
    Daran Edermath

Class Fighter
    Alignment Lawful Good
    Faction Order of the Gauntlet
    Disposition towards party Friendly indebted for saving his life
    Homeland
    Current location
    Relationships Dameon Eldermath, son
    Quests

Physical Description
    A fit, silverhaired half-elf well over a hundred years old speaks with a slightly high proper voice

Mannerisms
    Speaks with a slightly high proper voice, right eye twitches

DM NOTES
    Daran Edermath is a retired adventurer who lives in a tidy little cottage beside an apple orchard. Daran is a fighter who served as a marshal and herald for many years in the lands of the Dragon Coast, far to the southeast. Upon retiring, he returned to the Neverwinter region, his original home. Daran is a member of the Order of the Gauntlet, a devout and vigilant group that seeks to protect others from the depredations of evildoers. The order is always vigilant, ready to smite evil, enforce justice, and enact retribution against any who try to subjugate or harm others. Though he is no longer active in the order, he keeps an eye on happenings around Phandalin. He is happy to trade news with fellow adventurers, especially those who appear to hold to these virtues. Daran is concerned about the Redbrands, and he would like to see a group of adventurers teach the ruffians a lesson. He tells the characters that it's time someone took a stand against the Redbrands' leader, Glasstaff. Daran knows the Redbrands hang around the Sleeping Giant tap house, but he can also tell the characters that the main Redbrand safe house lies under Tresendar Manor, the ruin at the east edge of town.

Player Notes

Thread Information