DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Linked Weapons Help

Hey All,

I'm running into some difficulty figuring out how to properly set up linked weapons in Fantasy Grounds. I've attempted to set this up three different ways, each presenting it's own challenges. I'm hoping someone can tell me a better way of doing this.

1. Make an effect that grants +1 to shooting and +2 to damage and apply it to the character manning the weapon. This then applies to all other weapons the character may use, meaning I'd have to switch on and off the effect as appropriate.
    2. Add a modification to the weapon itself. I can adjust the damage to +2 easily enough, but if I add a [Ranged +1] modifier it then applies to all other weapon attacks. In this case, the vehicle has 3 different weapons making this not ideal.
    3. Give the weapon to the NPC directly and manually add the modifier when its time to roll shooting. Most accurate but also the most fiddlesome.

Any help is appreciated!

Use effect

[>Attack +1, >Damage +2]
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

THANK YOU! Works perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Use effect

[>Attack +1, >Damage +2]
    Ikael to the rescue as always.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I will again make my plea that the Wiki be updated to reflect these new options so we don't have to keep trying to find the answers by wading through various threads in the forum.

I realy apreciate Ikael's help but if possible it would be nice to have an updated version of all the commands we can use in SWADE so not to lose a lot of time looking for the answers and messaging Ikael all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by rgk13 View Post
    I realy apreciate Ikael's help but if possible it would be nice to have an updated version of all the commands we can use in SWADE so not to lose a lot of time looking for the answers and messaging Ikael all the time...
    I use this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Worlds_Effects
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    As do I and it is what I am asking to be updated since it doesn't include the newer notations such as the one Ikael mentioned up thread. Not sure who can edit/update the wiki, but I keep seeing threads like this pop up and I'm kicking myself for not capturing the answers in my own notes since finding them again later is difficult.

Totally understand what mac40k is saying and agree. BTW love your videos Doswelk!! Thank you for that. The page you are refering to I already use but it far from cristal clear and we do have notations that are not on there. Plus explanation is hard to follow. It be great to have a video that would stricky address the coding and the logic behind it. I'm sure it would help a lot of people like me:-) Thank you.

I'll get Ikael to train me up and make a video soon then

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Thread Information