STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzar View Post
    I modified the manager_action_attack.lua file in the Scripts folder of the 5E.PAK by capturing the rActions.label into a variable called ActionLabel and then added "with " .. ActionLabel .." ->" to lines 446 and 447

msgShort.text = "Attack with " .. ActionLabel .. " ->";
    msgLong.text = "Attack [" .. nTotal .. "] with " .. ActionLabel .. " ->";

This did the trick and makes the 5E combat results in the chat window a bit more friendly. And it will work very nicely with the Audio Overseer triggers as you can now trigger a sound based what you are attacking with.

I'm sure that this file will constantly get overwritten as new updates come out for the 5E ruleset. Is it possible to include something like this?
    This thread is in the Pathfinder 2.0 forum, so asking detailed questions like this for D&D 5E are best posted in that forum.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This thread is in the Pathfinder 2.0 forum, so asking detailed questions like this for D&D 5E are best posted in that forum.
    I figured this was a thread for changing the combat chat entry to work with the audio extension better. Is it possible to incorporate those changes? I’d expect it would be considered an improvement and will solve the same issue this thread is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzar View Post
    I figured this was a thread for changing the combat chat entry to work with the audio extension better. Is it possible to incorporate those changes? I’d expect it would be considered an improvement and will solve the same issue this thread is about.
    This is in the Pathfinder 2.0 forum, so it is very specific to Pathfinder 2.0. The devs you want to engage to make a change to another ruleset may well not even look at this thread because they assume it's for Pathfinder 2.0.

I recommend you start a new thread in the 5E forum to discuss/request the changes you're looking for in the D&D 5E ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is in the Pathfinder 2.0 forum, so it is very specific to Pathfinder 2.0. The devs you want to engage to make a change to another ruleset may well not even look at this thread because they assume it's for Pathfinder 2.0.

I recommend you start a new thread in the 5E forum to discuss/request the changes you're looking for in the D&D 5E ruleset.
    The issue is being solved anyway. The Audio Overseer will handle multi-line support so there is no need to alter the line anymore.

Thread Information