STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Create a new field on character sheet that is only visible / editable by the DM?

I have just started to learn how to modify rulesets and I am not seeing any way to set a text field so it will only be visible / editable to the DM. Is this possible?

Thanks, <gmvisibleonly /> and <gmeditonly /> look really useful.

Awakening this thread

Is there a tag that works in reverse, that is, that makes a control visible only on the client?
    FGU ULTIMATE License
    Click here for RPG Music or here for Dwarves songs on Spotify

In Host mode I've 4 controls (2 labels and 2 formattedtext). These 4 controls have gmvisibleonly. I want them be replaced by a new control on clients.
    I think about a new tag to handle, something like playervisibleonly.

If it had already existed I would have saved myself from writing code.
    FGU ULTIMATE License
    Click here for RPG Music or here for Dwarves songs on Spotify

Why not just place the GM controls over the client controls? The GM will see the GM version but not the Client version underneath while the Clients will see the Client version but not the GM visible only.

These are only my thoughts on this ... I have not tried it, however it seems that it should work ...

You would have to create two versions of the WindowClass - one for the Host, one for the Clients - they would have their different bits and pieces defined in there.

Then at login in you might be able to use IsHost and IsUser to work out who is who and display the appropriate instance of the window class when a specific button is pressed.

So you would also need to override the menu item that opens the character sheet and loads the appropriate version.
    Thanks In Advance,
    D

It would be so much easier if you could load a WindowClass dynamically during runtime.
    Thanks In Advance,
    D

Thread Information