STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP for Friday or Wednesday Game PF1e (Wednesday 11pm UTC-7 / Friday 4pm UTC -7)

FG License: Ultimate Licence
    Game System: Pathfinder 1e

Time Zone: MST (UTC -7)
    Day of week and time: Planning on having this game at 8PM UTC -7
    Start Date: Trying for the end of the week if we can (Feb. 7th), if not Feb. 14
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 5 Hour Session, once per week.
    Term: i.e. Long Term

Text or Voice: Voice over Discord and chatting between games etc.
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? Not on my end. If someone wants to I have no problem as long as they have consent from the remainder of the party.

Roleplay & Combat mix: I would say a good 50/50 mix.
    Number of Players in game & needed: Fresh recruitment.
    Character starting level & equipment: First level characters with average starting wealth.
    Character restrictions: There will be emerging firearms, but be mindful that they will be very expensive. Published Paizo material is OK with me. Be conscientious of your characters interaction with other players, both socially and mechanically (ie. Alot of summons slogging down combats, stealing or killing fellow players.)

Details of the Game:

The best way to describe Freeport is by its moniker the City of Adventure. That isn’t to say Freeport is a place where shining knights in full plate armor tilt at one another for the favor of inbred noblewomen. Nor is it a city where you should see great balloons drifting across the sky, magic carpets zipping hither and yon, or dragons belching flames. Freeport is the City of Adventure because danger lurks around every filthy corner. From the offices of the Sea Lord to the dank sewers worming their way beneath the city, there are hazards to be avoided, fortunes to be made, and lives to be lost.

Freeport is not a pleasant city, but it is rife with opportunity. It is a city of delights, of vice and sin. Here, deals are made, intrigues planned, expeditions launched, conspiracies hatched, and dreams crushed. Merchants do a brisk business, employing ruthless tactics to rub out their competition, while thieves prowl the marketplaces, slipping sharp knives against the strings of dangling purses. High and mighty men and women come to the city to broker dirty deals with other lords (when they can tear themselves away from Freeport’s renowned brothels, that is). The city hums with back-room bargains, the steady stream of black market goods slipping beneath the nose of the corrupt Harbormaster. Assassins stalk the night, cultists perform dreadful ceremonies to maddening gods, and pirates walk the Docks looking to spend the bloodstained coins they pried from the dead fingers of their victims.

This, friends, is Freeport. It’s no place for the meek, yet for those with a good head, a sharp sword, and a keen wit, it offers some of the best opportunities for adventure in the entire world.

New Features to be used at your discretion:
    • Race: Azhar (half-genie)
    • Race: Island Trolls
    • Class: Freebooter
    • Class: Monster Slayer
    • Class: Noble
    • Magic: Various Themed spells to whet your whistle.

Looking for players that are easy going, patient with my sometimes hand waving antics to keep things rolling. I also probably should say that a sense of humor is great as well as not minding the momentary brain lapses followed by curses. I do my best to have things ready and be on time and I expect others to do the same. I will also be reviewing character sheets to benefit myself (since there are a lot of rules that I still perplexed between RAW or RAI.)

I do like to have characters that create stories and experiences from the smallest thing, and I do find that having a solid sense of your character helps a lot with that. (Not saying that you need a page long background, put a solid sense of the overall theme.) I do get irked a bit when I look at a set of characters and everyone in the group has picked (reactionary with no solid tie in to their character aside from "just because").

Ok enough with my rant, I will do my best to answer any questions you may have! Thanks for your time.

Link to Game Calendar page: Calendar Page
    Last edited by CrazyYodler; February 6th, 2020 at 20:10. Reason: Time change for the start time.

Have one interested at the moment. Times as posted are not solidified.

If you're playing at that time on Wednesday I'd be happy to join in as a wizard or magus of sort. Perhaps an oracle.

Quote Originally Posted by AzSo View Post
    If you're playing at that time on Wednesday I'd be happy to join in as a wizard or magus of sort. Perhaps an oracle.
    Will let you know what the future interest holds.

Quote Originally Posted by AzSo View Post
    Still moving around some ideas. Will keep this post up to date on what people currently are looking for time wise and when we have our players we can mind meld characyer builds and such. Open to have connections and possibly some home rule shenanigans.

Was thinking of incorporating am insanity ruleset while playing. Boon and bane attached to insanity.

Hopefully we can have some traction. Only need 2 more for the same day to get the ball rolling.

Also @AzSo:

Let me know i you have a concept of a background etc.

Have had 2 suggestions for a later start on friday. I am willing to have this as well if it works for people.

I'm interested. Not sure how late is late but Friday definitely works. I'll send PM tomorrow with character ideas and concept.

I think currently its looking like later on friday. Possibly 8pm. May poll up some results.

That would work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyYodler View Post
    Still moving around some ideas. Will keep this post up to date on what people currently are looking for time wise and when we have our players we can mind meld characyer builds and such. Open to have connections and possibly some home rule shenanigans.

Was thinking of incorporating am insanity ruleset while playing. Boon and bane attached to insanity.

Hopefully we can have some traction. Only need 2 more for the same day to get the ball rolling.

Also @AzSo:

Let me know i you have a concept of a background etc.

I can indeed make it if its at least 8 PM UTC-7 on Fridays. Concept? I'd need to research Freeport a bit better, but the basic idea is probably a wizard (or magus if he quit his studies) who was barely able to get an apprenticeship through his family. Entire idea is somebody that now needs to use what he was taught to make what money he can to support his family who had helped him get where he is, probably getting involved in some unsavory jobs. The Oracle however? Its... a bit more out there what with Apocalypse probably being his Revelation.

Thread Information