FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 90 of 91 First ... 408088899091 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylan Storm View Post
    I wish there was a way I could send all my group my music folder and when I trigger the music on my side, it triggered the music on their side.

Probably would be seen as a remote execution though.

Sharing music via Discord is pretty crap. It's just a shame nobody had really figured this out. And I'm not paying a fortune for Syrinscape, especially considering the music isn't actually very good.
    Keep requesting native audio support from Smiteworks, it's all we can do. I've been asking for it since I've been around.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hi Celestian,

Are AudioOverseer extension files saved in the Vault folder now, or are they still in Extensions? If they are in the vault, can you supply the file name?

Cheers.
    Last edited by Griffonbait; April 2nd, 2023 at 00:51. Reason: Grammar

Griffonbait
    Socially Distanced since 08/2008 C.E.

Preferred Rule Systems:
    — D&D (any); RM2, RMFRP; SM2, SM:P; PF2, SF; +++
    — SWRPG (FFG); Genesys; L5R (FFG), WFRP (3rd Ed, FFG)

Discord: griffonbait
    Ultimate Licenses: FGC + FGU, FoundryVTT, ++

Timezone: Aussie Central Standard Time (ACST) (UTC +8.5, +9.5 daylight savings time)
    Playtime: Prefer 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM ACST

Currently:
    — GMing: RMFRP Weekly, Friday 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM [FGU];
    — Playing:

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Keep requesting native audio support from Smiteworks, it's all we can do. I've been asking for it since I've been around.
    They use the vault now with the new Forge setup.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylan Storm View Post
    I wish there was a way I could send all my group my music folder and when I trigger the music on my side, it triggered the music on their side.

Probably would be seen as a remote execution though.

Sharing music via Discord is pretty crap. It's just a shame nobody had really figured this out. And I'm not paying a fortune for Syrinscape, especially considering the music isn't actually very good.

Check https://www.kenku.fm/
    makes playing music/sounds through discord a lot nicer.

Looking forward to using this. Is there any way to configure how many records get imported at a time, though? There are about 57,000 records in the Syrinscape download, it it seems I have to import them 100 records at a time, so that's 570 imports.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulChatterton View Post
    Looking forward to using this. Is there any way to configure how many records get imported at a time, though? There are about 57,000 records in the Syrinscape download, it it seems I have to import them 100 records at a time, so that's 570 imports.
    The problem is FGU will flat die if you do more. 100 was the max I could get to work consistently. Even after doing 100 for a while it will choke. I think around 4-5k? It's really annoying but I don't have a good choice if I want to import within FGU.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    The problem is FGU will flat die if you do more. 100 was the max I could get to work consistently. Even after doing 100 for a while it will choke. I think around 4-5k? It's really annoying but I don't have a good choice if I want to import within FGU.
    I managed about 10k in my first attempt with all 57,000 records in the buffer. Now I am copying 1k records at a time to the buffer, restarting FGU after each 1k. I am getting there slowly but my patience runs out for the day after about 4k records this way, so it is going to take me days to import the whole set.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulChatterton View Post
    I managed about 10k in my first attempt with all 57,000 records in the buffer. Now I am copying 1k records at a time to the buffer, restarting FGU after each 1k. I am getting there slowly but my patience runs out for the day after about 4k records this way, so it is going to take me days to import the whole set.
    The best way to resolve this, if FGU doesn't get better at dealing with data, is to write something that converts the file outside of FGU. I really don't like having external dependencies. It's possible but no longer on my todo list since FGU has their own framework for Syrinscape. It's unfortunate they didnt go with native sound but it is what it is ;(
    ---

I've been tinkering with the built in audio system that Smiteworks has added and it seems to have the bulk of the features that AO does in addition to the import tool working amazingly fast.

I would direct folks to start migrating to that system as I will be decommissioning the extension eventually. There are certainly some features I like in AO that I'd like to see and hope Smiteworks will add it.
    ---

I might be wrong but I don't think it works with the offline syrinscape players.

It only works with the online one.
    Also does the new play local media like yours?

I love using AO. Thanks for all you hard work over the years

Thread Information