DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 85 of 91 First ... 35758384858687 ... Last
    Having an issue with create triggers. When I try to create a new trigger I don't get a plus symbol or a way to add the trigger text under the matches tab. It's just not there.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Disabled another extension which fixed the issue. Now hopefully after putting the extensions back it will still work.
    Last edited by MartianXi; July 11th, 2022 at 05:14.

I updated the first post but...

FGU is adding support for Syrinscape in-house. This means AO will be duplicating similar work and because of that I will be phasing out AO and discontinuing updates once their system goes live.

You can see what is coming by watching the VOD of the preview on their twitch stream from 2022/08/05, https://www.twitch.tv/fantasygrounds.

Glad to see them working on sound tho I do hope they eventually allow us to untether from Syrinscape and use sound natively in FGU.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

That is a shame. I for one use local sounds and this is a great resource for me. Who knows how long it will be before they give us support for local sounds. I was hoping you might keep this going a bit longer.

Will AO be broken or will it be usable? I use Syrinscape but I also use other sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Egheal View Post
    Will AO be broken or will it be usable? I use Syrinscape but I also use other sounds.
    I dont expect there will be any issues with it continuing to work.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by skj310 View Post
    Perhaps try something like this on windows:
    Code:
    file:///C:/Program%20Files/smiteworks/fgdata/Music/Ambiance/A%20Call%20to%20Battle.mp3
    I don't know if this is 100% correct because I don't know where FGU installs within windows. So the above is just a guess. Make sure to replace <spaces> with %20.

Oh and one last thing ... before AudioOverseer there was DOE:sound ... here are some posts in that thread that are quasi related and might help: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post336949
    I'm going to make a full post separately explaining the exact fix for Windows users but you've got me to where I need to be. The one thing that is missing is that, unlike the old file paths used, these URIs are case sensitive. Took me ages to work through it but thank you.
    www.accidentaldm.com - The diary of a Newbie DM

So, Windows users. Here is the full fix

Creating fully formatted URIs within Fantasy Grounds

1. Create a folder within your Fantasy Grounds Unity data directory. I have two folders as follows
    C:\Games\Fantasy Grounds Unity\Playlists
    C:\Games\Fantasy Grounds Unity\Music
    2. Copy your music files or your playlist files to the appropriate folder. For the rest of the example I'll be using a playlist.
    3. Navigate to your new folder.
    4. Right-click the file you want to link.
    5. Select Properties and choose the Security Tab.
    6. Copy the object name from the top of the window. Mine is C:\Games\Fantasy Grounds Unity\Playlists\Magical.m3u You must copy it exactly as it is with the exact capitalization.
    7. Replace all backslashes with forward slashes. (It's easier to do this in notepad where you can use Find & Replace) Your text should now look like this C:/Games/Fantasy Grounds Unity/Playlists/Magical.m3u
    8. Add file:/// to the beginning of your file. It now looks like this file:///C:/Games/Fantasy Grounds Unity/Playlists/Magical.m3u
    9. Replace any spaces with %20 so it now looks like this file:///C:/Games/Fantasy%20Grounds%20Unity/Playlists/Magical.m3u
    10. In Fantasy Grounds, select the Audio button from the Navigation menu on the right hand side of the screen.
    11. Select the ADD button.
    12. Your cursor will be flashing in a text bar at the top of the new window. Im going to call mine "Magical"
    13. In the field named "Source 1" enter your formatted link. file:///C:/Games/Fantasy%20Grounds%20Unity/Playlists/Magical.m3u
    14. Click the padlock item.
    15. Select Play Link. You will receive a warning the first time you try to access the link each time you open FGU. Select "Yes to All"

Creating Symbolic Links

To call a music file from within Fantasy Grounds, the target file must be in your Fantasy Grounds data directory. When using playlists, this is easy: the files aren't huge and the music called by the playlist doesn't actually need to be stored in the data directory. However, if you're calling individual music files, your data directory can become very large. Backing up the FGU directory then becomes very difficult. For that reason, you should consider making a junction point, or symbolic link.

A symbolic link is very similar to a shortcut. However, it also allows you to make a folder into a shortcut. If that doesn't make sense, it will do shortly. To set up a symbolic link within Windows;

1. Open your start menu, and type CMD
    2. Right-click CMD and select "Run As Administrator"
    3. Type in the command mklink /J <Fantasy Grounds Folder> <Your existing music folder>. For me that command is mklink /J "C:\Games\Fantasy Grounds Unity\Music" "C:\Users\Rylan\Music\D&D"

Let me explain what is happening here. This will create a new folder at "C:\Games\Fantasy Grounds Unity\Music" but, when I click on that folder (it's not really a folder), it opens my music folder at "C:\Users\Rylan\Music\D&D". This means that I can actually use the URI file:///C:/Games/Fantasy%20Grounds%20Unity/Music/Boss%20Battle.mp3 to call the file "C:\Users\Rylan\Music\D&D\Boss Battle.mp3"

I don't need to put my music in data directory and it makes backing up the directory much easier. It also means I only need to maintain one copy of my music.

Thanks to Celestian for a really good mod.
    Thanks also to skj310 for helping me with the URI formatting.
    Last edited by Rylan Storm; August 7th, 2022 at 19:34. Reason: Added information regarding symbolic links
    www.accidentaldm.com - The diary of a Newbie DM

3-5e Spell & Weapon Triggers

AudioOverseer does not provide any library of Audio Triggers, so I started to create my own for my 3.5e campaign. It uses the Syrinscape Pathfinder player character and D&D Spellcasters SoundPack (which you obviously would need to own or be subscribed to), and it matches on all standard SRD 3.5e spells and weapons (per name in the chat action log).
    The triggers are build by mapping the weapons to the ones available from the sound set (there are only very few: bow, crossbow, long- and shortsword, dagger, rapier, scimitar & staff - so the matching is rather based on the weapon and damage type, but at least you get a sound on a hit or miss), same for the spells. Spells are taken from Pathfinder (as closest to 3.5e) first, then a mapping of the 3.5e spell to its corresponding 5e version, and if there is no dedicated spell match, the default spell level sound from the sound set's spellcaster class (so a 2nd level druid spell would use a 2nd level spell sound from the druid's set) is taken. Note that there are a few (less than 5) one-off spells which are taken from CoS as they are not present in the official D&D set!

I have NOT included the actual audio references but the triggers refer to the "E:1234" Syrinscape audio file index (which is - to my knowledge - the same for every user) as I am not sure if the URLs generated from the Syrinscape export (which you need to import according to the description here) contain the user's subscription token. Perhaps I am too careful here.

So all you need to do is place the attached module in the Fantasy Ground's module folder (where all your data resides, usually FGU\modules) and import your personal Syrinscape audio, then activate/load the module. Let me know if something does not work for you.

Side note: I have a mapping of the 5e spell names to dedicated/default spell level audio files as a side product. As I do not play 5e (yet?), and don't know the chat message format, I did not generate a 5e trigger library, but this would be a 5 min task, if someone is interested and provides me with the format strings for casting spells or using weapons.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Arnagus; August 9th, 2022 at 13:44.

When I click to import audio records it does the first few batches of 100 fast but then each batch seems to get longer and longer and now it is adding up to several hours of importing. Am I missing something that is causing this or a way to "fix" it?

Quote Originally Posted by hedrondesign View Post
    When I click to import audio records it does the first few batches of 100 fast but then each batch seems to get longer and longer and now it is adding up to several hours of importing. Am I missing something that is causing this or a way to "fix" it?
    Thats entirely normal for FGU for this process unfortunately. You can get some 1000 or so done and if it's to slow, save what you have, make sure you copy the remaining data and close and restart FGU.
    ---

Thread Information