FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 91 First ... 567891757 ... Last
    Looks Awesome, I'll run some more tests and let know if that helps

Minor update to the .mods included in the first post. They were for 2E specific (would not show up unless you were running the AD&D ruleset). I've corrected that.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

[QUOTE=celestian;476157]Go to this URL:

https://www.syrinscape.com/online/master/#/

Then click the triple lines on the right to get this menu, download the CSV file.

Once you have the CSV file you can import them all. Keep in mind (as mentioned in vids/etc) that FGC cannot handle a huge amount of entries all at once. It will process 100 new entries at a time and then prompt you to do the next batch. You can paste about 1000-2000 lines at a time, find what works best for your system.

The individual cells from the CSV file have to be formatted correctly then imported into FG in order to work, correct? They can't be copied directly from the CSV and pasted. If so, that seems like a very tedious task.

And, as Foxyfourtysix posted, its not working on a Mac using FGC. Next, I'll try FGU, but I'm running low on hope.
    TheEldritchPress.com
    Editions 1st-5th since '79
    Running on a Mac. Yup, I'm one of those guys

The MK Syrinscape one kind of works on the Mac when you set it to just use the https setting for the online player. The problem is that each time you trigger a sound it opens a new tab in Safari. This worked in FGC and FGU and in FGU it looked like it wanted to try and open it in the online player, but I tried a bunch of things to try and associate syrinscape-online:// to the online player, but could never get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Graylock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Go to this URL:

https://www.syrinscape.com/online/master/#/

Then click the triple lines on the right to get this menu, download the CSV file.

Once you have the CSV file you can import them all. Keep in mind (as mentioned in vids/etc) that FGC cannot handle a huge amount of entries all at once. It will process 100 new entries at a time and then prompt you to do the next batch. You can paste about 1000-2000 lines at a time, find what works best for your system.
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post

The individual cells from the CSV file have to be formatted correctly then imported into FG in order to work, correct? They can't be copied directly from the CSV and pasted. If so, that seems like a very tedious task.

And, as Foxyfourtysix posted, its not working on a Mac using FGC. Next, I'll try FGU, but I'm running low on hope.
    What doesn't work on a MAC?

You don't need to fiddle with the formatting of the CSV file. That was one reason for the recent update.

If you're a SuperSyrin subscriber you can just DL the module on the first post and avoid the import entirely. Even when it works it's a long process.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hi Celestian,

I just downloaded the updated SuperSyrin links mod and booted up a session in FGU. Unfortunately the mod didn't show up in my modules list so I checked to see if I was doing something wrong but couldn't see what. Finally I thought I'd open the module as a zip and have a look around. Once opened I found it contained a second folder of the same name that contained the actual files. Just on a whim I thought I'd re-zip the files without the added folder, and this has now allowed me to see and open the module in FGU.

Cheers,

Simon

FG, Syrinscape & Macs

I am posting this in both Celestian's AudioOverseer thread and my own MK Syrinscape Sounds extension thread to help people understand a bit about why using either of these extensions may not work as you expect on a Mac. It may be a bit technical at points.

Fundamentally, both extensions (and the previous DOE Sound extension) trigger links using the same functionality within Fantasy Grounds. ie. we all trigger sounds the same way. So if it works for one extension, it will typically work for any of them. Links triggered in FG are passed to the Operating System to figure out how to handle.

How Syrinscape handles sound triggers:
    Both the Syrinscape Online player and the older Fantasy & Sci-Fi players are designed to listen for sound triggers using custom protocols. Syrinscape Online listens for links triggered using the syrinscape-online: protocol, the Fantasy and Sci-Fi players listen for syrinscape-fantasy: and syrinscape-scifi: protocols. When you install a syrinscape player, the software registers its protocol with the Operating System. Basically, it tells your OS "if you see something with this protocol, send it to me". If the software receives a trigger from the OS, it attempts to play the sound in the link.

Difficulties with Macs:
    The difficulties experienced by Mac users stems from a combination of factors.
    1. FGC does not currently have a native Mac client. FGU will resolve this.
    2. Due to FGC not having a native Mac client, in order to run FGC on a Mac, you have to use some form of emulation technology such as Parallels or Wine.
    3. Most emulation technology including Wine & Parallels do not handle protocol handoffs perfectly between the emulation and the native Mac OS.

So the normal triggering chain would go somthing like this:
    User triggers a sound->FG sends that link to OS->OS hands it to Syrinscape->Syrinscape plays sound.
    On a Mac this communication breaks down as the emulator doesnt pass the triggered protocol to the base Mac OS perfectly or maybe not at all. So if you have a native Syrinscape mac client installed on your Mac, it is never receiving the triggers.

There are a couple of threads that discuss getting it working on a mac. From my understanding, it mostly involves installing and running both syrinscape player and Fantasy grounds in Wine/Parallels so that they can communicate with each other, rather than passing the links onto the base Mac OS.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...scape-on-a-Mac

FG Unity: FGU will have a native mac client which should resolve these issues. With a Syrinscape player mac client, and an FGU mac client, they should be able to communicate without issue.
    Last edited by mattekure; February 19th, 2020 at 14:40.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Hi Celestian,

I just downloaded the updated SuperSyrin links mod and booted up a session in FGU. Unfortunately the mod didn't show up in my modules list so I checked to see if I was doing something wrong but couldn't see what. Finally I thought I'd open the module as a zip and have a look around. Once opened I found it contained a second folder of the same name that contained the actual files. Just on a whim I thought I'd re-zip the files without the added folder, and this has now allowed me to see and open the module in FGU.

Cheers,

Simon
    I am very sorry about this. All my fault here. My only excuse is that since FG nails an exported module to the ruleset it was written for and I need to edit and re-compress the files. During that process I managed to zip the folder, not the contents only.

I've corrected that mistake (both Free Links and Super versions) and replaced them in the first post. The Super version contains a ref-manual with my sample "sound boards" I setup during my tutorial.
    Last edited by celestian; February 19th, 2020 at 15:00.
    ---

No problem, all your time and work is very much appreciated. Glad I could help with a little bit of troubleshooting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    FG, Syrinscape & Macs
    Syrinscape Online listens for links triggered using the syrinscape-online: protocol, the Fantasy and Sci-Fi players listen for syrinscape-fantasy: and syrinscape-scifi: protocols. When you install a syrinscape player, the software registers its protocol with the Operating System. Basically, it tells your OS "if you see something with this protocol, send it to me". If the software receives a trigger from the OS, it attempts to play the sound in the link.
    So mac can't deal with the protocol URL version? I did not know that (don't own a mac). This is an easy fix (kludge). Infact when I first started dealing with Syrinscape Online it tried to do what needs to be done for this to work (for now).

Update 1.13 update. Added "/ao member" option to configure url provider method. In the case on Mac folks use "/ao method local" and it will push the url out through whatever you use to handle https (browser). Keep in mind it's going to open a tab for every sound you send.
    ---

Thread Information