DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 53 of 91 First ... 343515253545563 ... Last
    I have finally got almost everything to work correctly but I still have a small problem. How can i stop a local audio file? I add it correctly but once it starts playing it doesn't stop.

Sorry for my English but I'm using google translator

Quote Originally Posted by Amerisun View Post
    Quick question, do you guys have a link or know how I would make combat chat in one line instead of two? Right now in 5E it's in two lines and it is difficult to match the say crossbow hit and critical hits because of that? I scrolled through the many pages of this thread and didn't see anyone mention this. Maybe I missed it, because looking through the whole thread took a while.

Right now the 5E looks like this:

[ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, Light, +2
    Attack [17] -> [at Troll (variant)] [HIT]

And I would rather it look like this so the triggers work:

[ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, Light, +2 Attack [17] -> [at Troll (variant)] [HIT]

Thanks ahead of time!
    If you know (or want to delve into) how rulesets report things into the chatbox through the .lua code, then it is possible through an extension. I would say that it's more work than it's worth, though. I've gotten around this by getting more specific with triggers. In your example, is it possible to have a single trigger for the crossbow attack, and another for the crossbow hit?
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Quote Originally Posted by srbongo View Post
    If you know (or want to delve into) how rulesets report things into the chatbox through the .lua code, then it is possible through an extension. I would say that it's more work than it's worth, though. I've gotten around this by getting more specific with triggers. In your example, is it possible to have a single trigger for the crossbow attack, and another for the crossbow hit?
    Problem is the chat doesn't tell you in one line that it's a Ranged and if it hit or not. They are in separate lines so you could tell it was ranged or melee, or a hit.. but not both together. So no way to do the missed ranged attack trigger... then the hit ranged attack.. then the critical ranged attack as three separate triggers noise (and same for melee).

So I went digging into the code and read some documentation, and I wrote this super simple extension so that I could have the triggers work right in Audio Overseer. This extension basically makes the chat change from looking like below with the details on two lines:

HIDDEN TO DM - [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, Light, +2
    PUBLIC TO ALL - Attack [17] -> [at Troll (variant)] [HIT]

To looking like below with all details on one line so that

HIDDEN TO DM - [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, Light, +2
    PUBLIC TO ALL - (R)Attack [17] -> [at Troll (variant)] [HIT]

It will only adjust the text for actors that are PC's so any other actors act as normal, keeps the monsters text unmodified. So really only shows either (M) or (R) for ranged or melee attacks.

This is my first extension, any comments are welcome, go easy on me. :-) This extension is ONLY for 5E.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Amerisun View Post
    This is my first extension, any comments are welcome, go easy on me. :-) This extension is ONLY for 5E.
    Hey, if it works, it works! And by the by, great on you for getting something working - I'll be citing this when people tell me some extension's too complicated for them to take on
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Quote Originally Posted by daddyogreman View Post
    Is anyone running this on linux?
    I've got it working via the source 2 approach of just directly hitting the syrinscape frontend api but the problem is every time I play a sound, chrome steals focus and opens a new tab. It's driving me nuts. I've been trying to figure out a way to override the windowclass that's called to execute a headless browser via the command line or something of the sort so that I'm not constantly having to flip back to FG from chrome every time i play a sound and so I won't have to close like a hundred new tabs hitting the syrinscape frontend api. Any help here would be appreciated.
    Let me know if you get this working - one comment in here was that you have to use VLC instead of chrome, but I can't figure it out and the poster is not forthcoming.

When using the drop down menus i have no way of selecting ALL. Is there a way to add All? Or a way to clear the selection in the drop down to show all?

Screenshot 2021-02-24 115901.png

Quote Originally Posted by Vyder View Post
    When using the drop down menus i have no way of selecting ALL. Is there a way to add All? Or a way to clear the selection in the drop down to show all?
    The blank line at the top of the filter drop down is "no filter" i.e. all.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    The blank line at the top of the filter drop down is "no filter" i.e. all.
    Thanks, I didn't notice the blank line.

Wonder if anyone can help. I set up lots of sound triggers a while ago which all work but I've just gone back to add some more and there is no editable box for matches. Am I missing something or has the update caused issues?

Hello,

can someone please shed some light on me...

I have a free syrinscape account, I have installed and configured AO to use the online player and everything is perfect on the GM side!!! (using the free sounds of course) now, When I try to share a link or trigger any action, my players wont hear anything but I do on my side. (players have also free accounts) My questions are: Is there a way they can hear the free sounds? Do I really need a supersyrin subscription so they can hear sounds?

Thnks for the help!
    Last edited by rtrevino; February 28th, 2021 at 22:37.

Thread Information