STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 91 First ... 234561454 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    Will we eventually be able to import triggers too?
    Where would you import triggers from?

Currently "triggers" are things that play sounds when a certain text pattern is found in chat.

Those can be exported, along with Audio and Collections, as a module and used anywhere. I've actually been putting together the "free" sound links for Syrinscape Online and sample trigger/collection module to post with the next update.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

That's great news. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Where would you import triggers from?

Currently "triggers" are things that play sounds when a certain text pattern is found in chat.

Those can be exported, along with Audio and Collections, as a module and used anywhere. I've actually been putting together the "free" sound links for Syrinscape Online and sample trigger/collection module to post with the next update.
    From a csv. I just find it easier to work in a spreadsheet. Not a big deal since I'll only have to do it once, I guess.

Do sounds then playing through fantasy grounds when chat triggered or played by the DM or do you still need to route through discord using voicemeter and that whole process? Looks very cool.
    Currently GMing:
    * The Haunted Highlands - Castles & Crusades

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    From a csv. I just find it easier to work in a spreadsheet. Not a big deal since I'll only have to do it once, I guess.
    I'm not sure what situation you'd want to put them in a spread sheet? IT's already in FG, so export "Audio Triggers" and load that where ever you want to use them. There is nothing in Syrinscape that has triggers/configurations for the chat in FG and because of that there is no way to import them through CSV.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexfire View Post
    Do sounds then playing through fantasy grounds when chat triggered or played by the DM or do you still need to route through discord using voicemeter and that whole process? Looks very cool.
    There are many methods to get sound but unfortunately right now there is no way to have FG play it within FG.

The method I use is Syrinscape Online Player which FG sends "sound" urls to and it then plays them through whatever sound device the Syrinscape Online Player is setup to use. You can do something similar with the Syrinscape Fantasy Player (I'd say use SOP instead) or a local player like VLC.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

[QUOTE=celestian;474723]I'm not sure what situation you'd want to put them in a spread sheet? IT's already in FG, so export "Audio Triggers" and load that where ever you want to use them. There is nothing in Syrinscape that has triggers/configurations for the chat in FG and because of that there is no way to import them through CSV.

But I have to type them all in first via dialog boxes, unless I'm misunderstanding? And I have all the links from FG in the first CSV. I was just thinking it would be easier, for me, to build the triggers in a spreadsheet. Link it to the syrinscape csv and I can have autocomplete, search and/or drop down to find the links by their more friendly name. That way I can more easily see if I've already used a sound, it's faster, for me, than navigating the dialog boxes, but like I said it doesn't matter since I should only have to do it once.

I've made some good progress over the past few days.
    I've updated the import method to utilize the entire list of values (fantasy player and online player).
    Added "Stop" links for each set of sound types.
    Added campaign setting (source 1 and source 2, 1 is fantasy player or local, sound 2 is the Syrinscape online player URLS).
    Added command line option to stor ethe auth_token (if you use syrinscape online player).

Here is the view of things so far.

I'm going to poke at it a few more days to make sure nothing will change dramatically before I post a beta release update. As always the GitLab repo is current as of the version seen above. This new version will require the data from Syrinscape to be reimported if you use that.
    Last edited by celestian; February 5th, 2020 at 17:11.
    ---

Update 1.09
    • Update Import will now accept at LEAST 8 (minimum) but will not error if there are more.
    • Update Import will now store all fields from Syrinscape CSV download (if you use that).
    • Update "Update Checkbox" for import. Only add new entries that do not exist when importing.
    • Added PathStop URL that can be used as a shortcut to stop this sound or collection.
    • Added Campaign Setting to set audio "Source" (either 1 or 2). 1=Default(Local or Fantasy Player), 2=Syrinscape Online Player
    • Added Command line options to store auth_token (required if you use Syrinscape Online Player). (/ao token [xxxxx], /ao showtoken, /ao deletetoken).
    • Added Stop link to Collection

I've included a sample module that contains some examples of triggers and collections along with the Syrinscape Online Player "Free" version sound links.

One of the bigger changes behind the scenes is the way the data is stored so that best effort is made so that sound links do not change. This is important because if you re-import from Syrinscape CSV file and the data paths change it would break all your sounds. This version is built around the idea that the categories/settings/name/etc are used to define the path such that it should be consistent (assuming Syrinscape doesn't change them).

I had to make the change for the data path to support "authentication tokens" which is required for Syrinscape Online. This change also allowed me to add in the "Stop" sound links. If future tools require some authentication tokens it will be much easier to implement those.

You will need to re-import your links if you use Syrinscape. I highly recommend just deleting all your existing Sound links and re-running the import process. Going forward you will be able to use the "update" tic-box to make sure you only import "new" sounds.

I have tested in FGU and this version works as it does in FGC. I expect no issues moving forward.

I still class this as a beta (for now) so make sure to backup your campaign files to make sure your data is safe.
    ---

Minor update, 1.10.

I received a bug report on imports for people using straight copy of the CSV file. I never did this myself (loaded into excel). Because of that there were quotes (") included in fields they should not have been.

1.10 fixes this. Imports should work fine now if you load the file into excel and copy/paste or if you use plain notepad/text editor version now.

If you're just using the sample module, this won't effect you.
    ---

I know this is always a dreaded question, but has anyone been able to get this to work on a Mac? I have not. It seems that the Mac has no idea how to play the sound.

Error Message from Mac.png

I have tried to point it to VLC, Syrinscape, Syrinscape Online, and everything else I can think of. I'm thinking this may be the same as the other sound extension that would not work on the Mac either.
    Last edited by daggerfortysix; February 8th, 2020 at 13:46.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Preferred Games: D&D5E
    Timezone: Normally US Central Time but often times others...

Thread Information