FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 28 of 91 First ... 1826272829303878 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by dikdastard View Post
    Further research- after trying again will all extensions off, including DLR still not importing, or rather it is importing but then seemingly overwriting the imports so I am only left with the last 11 entries from the import. I then tried doing the same in a plain vanilla campaign with just core rpg ruleset and got exactly same behaviour so either something broken with the import function of local urls, or something it really dislikes about the format of the data I am importing- latter seems unlikely though given the surviving link entries are playing in vlc just fine but at the moment I am stuck with just picking my favourite 11 sound files or possibly importing everything one link at a time!
    Managed to fix this for myself after a little more experimentation- something it didnt like in the format of the CSV data I created. Unfortunately I "fixed" two things at once so I don't know if either or both made the difference. I changed the sub_type entry from "one shot" to "one_shot" to make it more xml friendly, and the ID field I copied the syrinscape format of combining a letter + a unique number ie "m:1" etc for each of my sound file listings. Everything copied and pasted first time around then. Still a lot easier than creating 100's of sound links manually

Managed to fix this for myself after a little more experimentation- something it didnt like in the format of the CSV data I created. Unfortunately I "fixed" two things at once so I don't know if either or both made the difference. I changed the sub_type entry from "one shot" to "one_shot" to make it more xml friendly, and the ID field I copied the syrinscape format of combining a letter + a unique number ie "m:1" etc for each of my sound file listings. Everything copied and pasted first time around then. Still a lot easier than creating 100's of sound links manually
    Shouldn't be a problem importing "one shot" ... did you load the CSV file into Excel?
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Shouldn't be a problem importing "one shot" ... did you load the CSV file into Excel?
    I've been using libre office/open office for spreadsheet. I suspect it may have been the ID field which was originally set up as just a sequential number (although I thought I had formatted the cells to make sure it was still exported to CSV as a string) that created some sort of issue. Opened the CSV up in Notepad and copied/pasted into AO from there. As I reported in earlier post got this weird behaviour where I think the last 11 CSV lines would actually "stick" as links in the AO sound directory, everything else claimed to have imported via the console output but seemed to get overwritten by the final 11 entries whichever combination of lines I chose. Definitely something in the data format it didn't like. I'll try dud csv.jpgworking csv.jpg and attach a copy of the duff info and the successful csv for you to look at if that might help. But as I said, working great now. My one remaining problem is finding out what the LUA pattern matching can and can't do in the chat box under SWADE/DLR. Got the pattern matching fine for anything at beginning of line but I don't seem to have grasped from any of the lua tutorials how to look for a match JUST at the end of the chat line- for example I have a sound set up to play whenever someone shoots a shotgun, and I also have a sound that plays for a critical failure when rolling a trait die roll, but I can't get the latter to play after or as well or instead of the shotgun sound when the line is "Shooting {+2 shotgun}: Double-Barrel (12g) Shotgun, [Critical Failure!]" unless I set up a pattern match for the entire sentence and then do the same for every weapon in the game perhaps!

Ha- what a dumbass! Just noticed while recreating the dud version, I managed to fail to format the ID number cells as strings when Libre Office "helpfully" assumed otherwise as I entered them, and then exported to CSV as numbers instead. I bet that was what happened first time around too. Was hard to spot in with everything else. Probably the switch to the "M:1" format just forced the spreadsheet's hand in having to export as a string. Still was quite odd behaviour to seemingly allow the import successfully but do the overwrite of the chosen few in my defence

Found the problem with my critical failure example above- nothing wrong with the lua pattern matching I had set up. The Shotgun sound is triggered first and then the "critical failure" is ignored. If I switch off the shotgun trigger, the crit failure plays fine. I don't suppose there is a way the separate sound triggers could be set to play sequentially in this sort of case- I seem to recall this was how I had things set up under the old DOE extension and was quite amusing to hear the default attack sound immediately followed by a crit failure sound ( I find an anguished scream works particularly well

I've been using libre office/open office for spreadsheet.
    I asked because Excel will strip out the "" that the Syrinscape people put in the CSV file. If those are missing the parser will have issues. Libre might do the same.

Use a standard text editor to open it to select the entire thing into a copy buffer and it should work.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thanks for that. If anyone else out there using Libre/Open office it might help to know there is an option when saving the file as CSV called "edit filter settings" that allows you then to tick a box to encapsulate all text fields in quotations. Thought I'd cracked it when I found that one, but then I went and set up the ID field as a number and didn't notice the missing quotations for that field. That's what must have triggered the weird behaviour. Import function working fine now, was just user error on my part!

Notice: Currently this is a project in-development and should be considered BETA.

I've put together an extension called AudioOverseer that allows you to control sound for a higher level of immersion in your FantasyGrounds games. It should work on CoreRPG layered rulesets (I've tested with 2E and 5E). It leans heavily on the Syrinscape Fantasy & Online Player but can be used with a local player (I tested VLC for windows). If/when sound support is added into FGU directly I'll integrate that functionality.

AudioOverseer Features
    • Works with FGC and FGU.
    • Manage sounds (via links).
    • Filter/search all sounds (triggers and collections).
    • Trigger Sounds based on text that appears in a line of text but not multi-line. (set sound, linked sounds or a random sound from a list of sounds).
    • Collections of Sounds to play a group of sounds for a specific ambient theme.
    • General sounds and Collections have links that can be conveniently placed into story entries, chat or object descriptions where it can be clicked to play the audio.
    • Supports (with limited functionality) a local player such as VLC.
    • Supports Syrinscape Online & Fantasy Player.
    • Import options for Syrinscape link file (can be downloaded)
    • Export all records so you can use them in other campaigns as a module.

If you would like to see even more features added to AudioOverseer, while using Syrinscape, such as the ability to adjust volume of specific sound link or looping, repeat, playback count, or random play repeat timers then visit the Syrinscape forums and request they add the ability to add those options into the API url calls. I've made requests for those features but they declined each of them.

Perhaps they will acquiesce to the suggestions if more folks than I request them.

The GitLab repository for the most current version of the project (Beta) can be found here: https://gitlab.com/FGProjects/public.../audiooverseer

I put together and introductory video of AudioOverseer.

I am hoping someone in the community can put together art assets for the buttons at least. For now there are some generic buttons of the 5e style. They can be tied to a specific ruleset type if a ruleset developer would generate a button.

Here is a short video on how to create a "Collection" using AudioOverseer.

Collections are a group of sounds that play in a persistent fashion (typically) so you can have a combination of various ambient sounds. In the example case I use, in the Elemental Plane of Air... so wind, lightning, gusts along with a bit of music that plays.

https://youtu.be/bLyS9pAeQas

Here is another short tutorial video on how I make "Sound Boards" using sound links provided in AudioOverseer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdfk449m6M4

How I setup Triggers in AudioOverseer to play sounds based on text that appears in chat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8szxiqdLA

If you find any bugs or have suggestions please post them here.

Here is a image of the layout and feature locations.

(the above is a screenshot of from within the pre-release version of FGU running AudioOverseer)

If you are using Syrinscape Online Player be sure to add your token via "/ao token XXXXX" where XXXXX is the token you get from the Syrinscape My Account page.

MAC/Apple users. Please review this post. It might help you.

If you are using a MAC there is a optional method you can use if the above doesn't work. You'll need to set the method option via "/ao method local". This sends commands through your browser as currently the Syrinscape Online player for mac does not have that functionality.

If you are using the Syrinscape Online Player web interface to copy "sound paths" you must manually remove the "?auth_token=XXX" part of that string. It is HIGHLY recommended to not manually add sounds in this manner, download the CSV file and import them.

If you are still having problems:
    • Download the latest version and remove all "folders" of the same name of this extension in the extensions folder.
    • Disable ALL OTHER EXTENSIONS except AudioOverseer.
    • If triggering sounds is a problem, make sure GM rolls are set to SHOW in Campaign Settings.
    • Enable debug output "/ao debug enable"
    • Type "/console"
    • If Trigger issues: Type the text in chat of the trigger you'd like to activate and review the debug output.
    • If still Trigger or general sounds not playing: Click "Play" on a sound. (click a sound link)
    • Review that output to see why sound is not playing.
    • If you are still unable to resolve why your sound isn't playing copy the output from the Console.
    • Create a post here and paste the console output into in with your question.
    • Note the operating system, version of FG (FGU or FGC), ruleset and version of ruleset and exact procedure you are trying to play a sound.
    • NOTE THE VERSION OF FG AT THE TOP.

I still class this as a beta (for now) so make sure to backup your campaign files to make sure your data is safe.

I've included a sample module that contains some examples of triggers and collections along with the Syrinscape Online Player "Free" version sound links.

Update 1.23
    • Fixed Editing trigger/collection from exported module would not work as expected.
    • Added Option in trigger to disable.

Download here:

Good morning, Celestian, congratulations for the extension, VERY GOOD.
    But I want to report a bug. Triggered sounds are not played when the chat activates the trigger, if the gm roll show is off

Quote Originally Posted by Tatershal View Post
    Good morning, Celestian, congratulations for the extension, VERY GOOD.
    But I want to report a bug. Triggered sounds are not played when the chat activates the trigger, if the gm roll show is off
    Your quoted message shows the answer to that.

If triggering sounds is a problem, make sure GM rolls are set to SHOW in Campaign Settings.
    ---

Your quoted message shows the answer to that.

If triggering sounds is a problem, make sure GM rolls are set to SHOW in Campaign Settings.
    Is it possible to have this work while the GM rolls are whispered?

Thread Information