STAR TREK 2d20
Page 10 of 91 First ... 891011122060 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by dmbrown View Post
    Checkout this little app at the link below. This will allow FGU to talk to Syrinscape online player on the Mac. This only works for FGU though.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post476836
    What is the app written in btw? I've actually wanted to write something similar to play 3rd party url handler for things like VLC since the FG API doesn't let us actually run commands.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

You’d have to ask Nemesismmx, but I think he used X-Code, which is a IDE for MacOS. Alexand K at the link below wrote a ruby script and wrapped it in a Mac app using a utility called platypus. You can find links to the script and utility here: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/301...pe-Sound-Links

Quote Originally Posted by dmbrown View Post
    You’d have to ask Nemesismmx, but I think he used X-Code, which is a IDE for MacOS. Alexand K at the link below wrote a ruby script and wrapped it in a Mac app using a utility called platypus. You can find links to the script and utility here: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/301...pe-Sound-Links
    Ah, ok. non-portable and "commercial". Thanks for the details.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Does this extension work at FGU?

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    Does this extension work at FGU?
    Yes, it works with FGU.
    ---

Celestian, I can create the audio files, but when I create the triggers and collections, when dragging the file to these places nothing happens, what I did was create a base in FGC and import it in FGU, but I can't directly do it.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    Celestian, I can create the audio files, but when I create the triggers and collections, when dragging the file to these places nothing happens, what I did was create a base in FGC and import it in FGU, but I can't directly do it.
    You are correct. There are some features that do not work in FGU because FGU is not in a stable state. I cannot fix those problems. I've been told these issues are to be resolved after networking and various other issues have been resolved.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    You are correct. There are some features that do not work in FGU because FGU is not in a stable state. I cannot fix those problems. I've been told these issues are to be resolved after networking and various other issues have been resolved.
    Minor update, 1.15. Update work-around for drag/drop for FGU.

Created a work-a-round for the issue. FGU removed the "empty field text" for windowlists. This means dragging/dropping a record into and empty windowlist is near impossible because you've no idea where the tiny slice of the windowlist is to do so. You can drag/drop the record onto the label of the field (sound/random sounds/collections).

I am not sure what is planned to replace the "empty field" just yet but for now you should be able to use this work around to function fully in FGU.
    Last edited by celestian; February 28th, 2020 at 22:31.
    ---

Another minor update, this one based on suggestions from Moon Wizard on how to handle some of the difficulties I was.

AO 1.16, it looks like this in FGU for new/custom records. You can now see where you need to drop the sound records (previously you couldn't see where to drop them) to add them to collections or triggers.

Sorry for the quick succession of updates. Just want it working right for the weekend.
    ---

Thread Information