5E Character Create Playlist
Page 44 of 91 First ... 34424344454654 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by donbwhite View Post
    Is there any way to reduce the lag between trigger and the sound playing?
    Latency between the online player and FG is not something the extension can help. FG triggers the sound, whatever 3rd party tool is used to trigger can be as slow or fast as it is. Personally, I've never noticed a long latency when playing and players also have a similar synchronized sound experience.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

[10/16/2020 5:10:12 PM] s'manager_audio.lua' | s'playURL' | s'Receiving same URL to fast, sURL:' | s'syrinscape-fantasy:elements/ZXpyZW4tbWFsZS13aXphcmQ6OmV4cGVkaXRpb3VzLXJldHJlYX Q/play/'

Some sounds don't work, some do. WIN 10. FGU v. 4.0.0 Ultimate. For Example "Blade Spell" doesn't work, "Sword swoosh" do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    [10/16/2020 5:10:12 PM] s'manager_audio.lua' | s'playURL' | s'Receiving same URL to fast, sURL:' | s'syrinscape-fantasy:elements/ZXpyZW4tbWFsZS13aXphcmQ6OmV4cGVkaXRpb3VzLXJldHJlYX Q/play/'

Some sounds don't work, some do. WIN 10. FGU v. 4.0.0 Ultimate. For Example "Blade Spell" doesn't work, "Sword swoosh" do.
    It could be the import sound links are not valid (the ones I use came directly from Syrinscape) or you don't own the pack (if you're using the module in this thread).

You can correct it by copying the link in the Fantasy Player and replacing the link for the sound.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    You can correct it by copying the link in the Fantasy Player and replacing the link for the sound.
    Does this mean I have to go to the Master Interface and download the control links (CSV) and replace the AudioOverSeer Syrinscape Free Links.mod and AudioOverSeer Syrinscape SuperSyrin Links.mod files that I dowloaded from this Thread??
    Sorry I'm a bit confused

EDIT: I have a SuperSyrin subscription.

EDIT: problem solved. The problem was in the source (source 2 to be selected)
    Last edited by Zar; October 21st, 2020 at 09:18.

Happy User got your extension to work. Using groove Music to locally play files. No sound expert ,I tried once before and had no success trying with the 2 Syrinscape mods. But without them and just the extension alone and after watching the triggers video closely it all came together. Thanks, I only have 2 sounds ( a trumpet and a raspberry) and 2 triggers (critical hits and misses) working so far ,which is a good start , but I think I know how it all works now. I can add more sounds I am sure.

I've combed through the first 17 pages of this forum and do apologize if this has already been answered three times over, But in order for my players to hear the sounds I'm playing do they also need to be linked up to my syrinscape through that online player link thing with syrinscapes player running in the background or should they be able to hear through FGU?

Never mind I shoulda just worked backwards found a post on page 42 where Celestian mentioned that you need to push your audio through another player. meaning for me the easiest option is to make my players sign up with the free syrinscape account and link them to my campaign through the account manager.
    Last edited by dmporocuo; October 24th, 2020 at 18:12.

Quote Originally Posted by dmporocuo View Post

Never mind I shoulda just worked backwards found a post on page 42 where Celestian mentioned that you need to push your audio through another player. meaning for me the easiest option is to make my players sign up with the free syrinscape account and link them to my campaign through the account manager.
    Correct, right now thats the "simplest" option. If/when they add native audio support within FG I'll implement some way to utilize it.
    ---

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dimonic View Post
    OK - so my solution is to run a shell script (which does work). What I was able to do is make a player script, and make a special link to the player-script.sh that has the name of each sound file embedded in it.

That script then decodes the name by which it was called to get the actual sound file to play, and plays the file using whichever player is chosen. I use VLC for ambient tracks (which I can manually switch on, off etc), and mplayer for one-shots.
    Hey there @dimonic you got this to work with a shell script?!?! Can you show me the contents of the script you decided to use? I tried this but failed in my attempts. Appreciate the heads up if you can.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skj310 View Post
    Hey there @dimonic you got this to work with a shell script?!?! Can you show me the contents of the script you decided to use? I tried this but failed in my attempts. Appreciate the heads up if you can.

Note ... am assuming that we are talking FGU vs FGC, and noting that you DID mention FGC originally ... but am hoping that you also found a means for FGU. This is where i failed, scripts via FGU.

I've noticed that some of the Moods for Saltmarsh -- Danger at Dunwater's Play links aren't triggering; like Guard Pools 49-52. Other Moods from the same sound pack work (like Kitchen), so I know I have access and that my Syrinscape client is configured correctly (local player; not online). I have it set to Source 1 in the Fantasy Grounds settings, too.

Help?

Thread Information