DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 82 of 91 First ... 32728081828384 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Hi Egheal! I hope everything is fine on your side!

I have now a setup that is pretty much identical to yours. However, I'm experiencing a strange and irritating loop and sounds from Syringscape play like they are slowed down.

Is your proposed setup 100% correct? I'm sure that I'm missing something but I really don't know what. Any suggestion?

Thank you very much for your patience!
    Hi, sorry I haven't seen your question. The loop is probably caused by "this computer" selected in Kenku. Don't select it. I only have this loop when it is selected.

Hey guys,

I'm really struggling here and wonder if someone can provide any support. I used AudioOverseer in FGC for years and it worked really well. I have my music stored locally in mp3 format and, for AudioOverseer, I set my sound sources to a playlist. So I'll have playlists for Peaceful or Combat or Boss etc. Inside each playlist is a bunch of tracks. Clicking on those playlists opens AIMP and plays the sound through Discord. When we went to FGU I copied over my campaigns and Audioverseer continued t work. However, after a few months break I've found it's no longer working.

If I click the individual music files through Windows Explorer, they play.
    If I click the individual playlist files through Windows Explorer, a random track from that playlist plays.
    If I click the audio play button within AudioOverseer, nothing happens at all. The green play arrow depresses but that's it.

I came back to the original post and wondered if there was a new update. I see it's now on Forge so I deleted the extension from my extension folder, went to the forge, "bought" it, logged out of FGU and re-ran it. I can see that it recognises the forge subscription and downloads it....where to, no idea but hey.

Same issue. I press the Audio button in game, I see all my playlists. Still, nothing plays at all. AudioOverseer is enabled. I've tried multiple sources. Any suggestions?
    www.accidentaldm.com - The diary of a Newbie DM

FGU does no longer allow direct file URLs.

There are however some workarounds (see e.g. this post and earlier ones).

Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    FGU does no longer allow direct file URLs.

There are however some workarounds (see e.g. this post and earlier ones).
    Unfortunately this is the answer.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thanks guys.

Celestian, I think it might be helpful to put a big comment in the original post making this clear.

Honestly, I think this just killed FGU for me. This feels like the straw that broke the camel's back. It's no longer full screen, it no longer supports ambient lighting, the maps now have big grey areas around them, and now local music files are dead. /sad

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It allows you to still run from any URL that is not file:// or data://.

Regards,
    JPG
    Moonwizard, I understand the need for security but this is a massive blow. Can we get a rethink on this please?

Just realised it's killed all my audiofiles on my Elgato Streamdeck too.
    Last edited by Rylan Storm; May 23rd, 2022 at 20:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylan Storm View Post
    Moonwizard, I understand the need for security but this is a massive blow. Can we get a rethink on this please?
    I would like to hope it's a sign they plan to have native local sound support but my feeling is purely wishful as I have no real clue.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I hope you're right and that it's not a push to make us use paid services from "our friends at Syrinscape".

All I know is that all of my audio files are .streamdeck files I get for having an Elgato Streamdeck. Calling those files with triggers was amazing. I just think the answer here is to add an exception in for common audio files. Right now I just feel sick.
    Last edited by Rylan Storm; May 23rd, 2022 at 20:43.

Has anyone managed to trigger sounds off the TURN indicator recently? I thought I was able to do so a few months back but I have not been able to do so in the past sessions (manually re-dragging it into the chat window as a chat bubble triggers the text so I'm assuming it's not an issue with the coding). Thanks.

About the link triggers: It seemingly may now work for URLs inside the FG folder if I understand the new patch notes correctly

[DEV] Well-formed file URLs are supported as long as they point to a location within the FG data folder.

(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...468#post651468)

@Rylan Storm, so, it may be that you could use your music again, but you'd need to move it to the FG data folder (but I would test first whether it works as intended and whether AudioOverseer would need an update to cater for this)

And for the interested: Some discussion about that here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...533#post651533
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 26th, 2022 at 01:46.

Thread Information