5E Character Create Playlist
Page 84 of 91 First ... 34748283848586 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Egheal View Post
    vlc://file:///c:/temp/Fire1.wav is a working link, corresponding to a file stored on my c:/ disk though. So I don't understand what is the problem.
    Isn't that handled by the VLC file handler though? The issue is that, until recently, you could have just called c:/temp/fire1.wav and it would have been opened in whatever application you have set as the default application associated with that file type.
    www.accidentaldm.com - The diary of a Newbie DM

Ok I understand. Thanks!

Hi,
    I am having an issue when using audio triggers together with an imported audio list.
    I had created an initial list of audio entries in campaign A. I exported this list to campaign B, which already had its own list of audio entries.
    When I try to add audio entries from campaign B to a random trigger, the trigger incorrectly looks for the audio entry from campaign A. It seems like AudioOverseer gets confused when having to deal with an index coming from a module, if the same ID is present in the campaign.

Here is an example of the issue.
    Audio entries in module exported from campaign A. Exported as EXP_A
    • Sound_A - id-0001
    • Sound_B - id-0002
    • Sound_C - id-0003

Audio entries created in campaign B
    • Sound_1 - id-0001
    • Sound_2 - id-0002
    • Sound_3 - id-0003

I am currently running campaign B. I will now create a trigger with Sound_C from campaign A and Sound_1 from campaign B. Here is how it looks like in the database.
    Code:
    <randomsoundlist>
    	<id-00001>
    		<name type="string">Sound_C</name>
    		<sound type="string">audio.id-00003@EXP_A</sound>
    	</id-00001>
    	<id-00002>
    		<name type="string">Sound_1</name>
    		<sound type="string">audio.id-00001</sound>
    	</id-00002>
    </randomsoundlist>
    In FGU, the random trigger list will appear to be fine. The names of each entry will be right. However, when opening each entry, or activating the trigger, here is how the list actually looks like
    • Sound_C
    • Sound_A, where it should be Sound_1

For now, the only way to avoid this issue is to get the indexes in Campaign B to be different from those in the exported module. In the example, we can avoid the issue by moving the indexes in campaign B to 4,5 and 6.

Did anyone manage to get this working with local files? I still haven't managed.
    www.accidentaldm.com - The diary of a Newbie DM

Doesn't work with local files anymore? Or is there a solution?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylan Storm View Post
    Did anyone manage to get this working with local files? I still haven't managed.
    Hey there @Rylan

Yes I do have it working for myself again ... happy days! But note that I'm a FGU Linux user so draw from what i've done that you can. Previously I would have a trigger configured as follows:
    Code:
    Souce1 = /home/username/Music/spell/magicmissile-barrage.ogg
    now this looks like this:
    Code:
    Source1 = file:///home/username/.smiteworks/fgdata/music/spell/magicmissile-barrage.ogg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylan Storm View Post
    Perhaps try something like this on windows:
    Code:
    file:///C:/Program%20Files/smiteworks/fgdata/Music/Ambiance/A%20Call%20to%20Battle.mp3
    I don't know if this is 100% correct because I don't know where FGU installs within windows. So the above is just a guess. Make sure to replace <spaces> with %20.

Oh and one last thing ... before AudioOverseer there was DOE:sound ... here are some posts in that thread that are quasi related and might help: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post336949
    Last edited by skj310; July 10th, 2022 at 03:45.

Quote Originally Posted by skj310 View Post
    Perhaps try something like this on windows:
    Code:
    file:///C:/Program%20Files/smiteworks/fgdata/Music/Ambiance/A%20Call%20to%20Battle.mp3
    I don't know if this is 100% correct because I don't know where FGU installs within windows. So the above is just a guess. Make sure to replace <spaces> with %20.

Oh and one last thing ... before AudioOverseer there was DOE:sound ... here are some posts in that thread that are quasi related and might help: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post336949
    I can confirm that what suggested by @skj310 is correct and locally it works with the URI path suggested..
    Well done..
    Daniele Roitero
    Trieste, Italy

We just switched to AD&D 2E and I am not sure if there is a chat trigger file or if I need to do it myself. Is there such a file available?

Quote Originally Posted by amanwing View Post
    We just switched to AD&D 2E and I am not sure if there is a chat trigger file or if I need to do it myself. Is there such a file available?
    There is nothing specific to a ruleset. The sample module should work with it tho.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information