STAR TREK 2d20

[3.5] Automation getting drunk

So, It's quite a while I have this happening so I finally decided to ask.

I run a 3.5 campaign, but every session, after a few hours playing, automation goes down the drain. Characters targeting monsters find out they actually have allies in target (or the targeting goes to a monster instead of the character), and targeting itself stop working: The combat tracker shows me "character A has goblin C in target" so character A attacks but it shows in chat as if it had no target at all. Same goes for damage rolls (they show in the tracker's target, but no damage is calculated to the target, I have to manually drag from chat to tokens). It always happen after a few hours playing (usually 2-3) and it's getting tiresome. It also happens with no extensions loaded (I tried a couple sessione like that); but it only happens while playing: if I'm keeping FG open while scripting NPCs/spells/encounters, even after hours it still works.

Also I get no error whatsoever (no "wrong target" or "error in xyz" or "invalid whatever")

Thank you

...... Have not seen this to any extent that was not player's or GM's(me) mistake. Sorry that does not help much.
    Last edited by madman; January 31st, 2020 at 18:53.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Hm, sounds strange, especially because you also get this problem without extensions; about the targeting: Make sure your players and you didn't toggle off the small graticule/reticle at the small modifier box That turns targetting off Maybe some of you click on that accidentally while playing?

Since you do not have this problem when just preparing your session, it sounds like some usage error but difficult to say without playing in your game

Perhaps just check on the amount of memory FG is using client side as well.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Perhaps just check on the amount of memory FG is using client side as well.
    Ah, that could be his issue That would make more sense

EDIT: Ah, as Trenloe mentioned the state of this targeting button is not saved, so it can still be that (didn't know about the non-saving such that I was not sure whether it is this)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 31st, 2020 at 21:06.

The two likely culprits are as mentioned above:

1) Targeting button on the modifier box has been clicked and targeting turned off. This is not saved between sessions, and would give the exact behaviour described, so this would be my first thing to keep an eye on.
    2) The GM, or one or more player instances, are running high on memory.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'll try checking for memory usage then, but... how much is "too high"?

I'll let you know (next session will be on Thursday)

Thread Information