5E Character Create Playlist

large purchases discount

hey all, i am considering making the transition from tt to vtt and after a good deal of research think im best off here instead of roll 20. my question is to purchase all content for dnd im looking at about $750.00. do they offer seasonal or occasional disvounts on the large bundles? in my opinion the 140 for the ultimate license is fair, but the other bundles add up fast so im hoping i can maybe save some bucks by waiting til a better sale. thanks in advance, have fun out there.

Hi Dallas, welcome to FG.

I think it depends on what ruleset you are interested in. Here's a link to all the bundles offered on the store (I believe these are also available on Steam too). Note that you can't mix and match to get bundle discounts - you must either buy everything from the Store or from Steam to qualify for bundle discounts.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Shake down your players for lunch money.

Both licenses and modules do go on sale from time to time. I think these for the most part coincide with associated steam sales, though there is typically a few items on sale on the Fantasy Grounds store each week. When an item goes on sale, the associated bundle will be on sale as well, as it is basically just a 15% off coupon for buying all the items in a set.

You may want to do the $10/mo Ultimate instead of the $140 one-time Ultimate. The Unity version is coming out "soon" and will require a new license. All rulesets and materials purchased in the FG Store will work with either the current "Classic" version or the new "Unity" version.

In my opinion, it's worth the price.

Also note that if you buy through the store, and live in the USA, you can sign up for a Paypal line of Credit at no interest for 6 months.

I'd second the suggestion to rent monthly until Fantasy Grounds Unity comes out (no firm release date but in beta, I'd guess end of first quarter, second quarter release barring something really bad in beta). As others have mentioned, FG and its content go on sale at the same time as the Steam sales since it's also sold on Steam. We just finished the Lunar Steam Sale and the next one would normally be the Summer Sale. If the prices are the same for you on Steam and the FG site you'd be helping the devs to buy it here since Valve takes a decent cut out of anything sold through Steam.

As for your specific situation, probaby buy the basics: MM, PH, maybe DMG and a module you want to run now - and then wait for a sale to finish out the bundles. You might want to jump into Discord to explain your exact situation to get more specific info.

I‘d go with a one time purchase, as you‘d never know when FGU would be available. It has already been delayed some times and IMHO is likely to be again. In addition you can still run FG Classic, and it looks like FGU would require more resources. I will probably stay with FG Classic when FGU is out, at least for a while..

Thread Information