STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Scrolling through menus and using laptop mouse touchpad to zoom on maps not working

For some reason, the scrolling through screens and zooming on maps and or out using pinch on my laptop touch pad has been disabled and I am not sure of the setting. It was working earlier and also working in FG Classic Ultimate.. but now it is not working in FGU Ultimate, I really need this to work and I won't be using FGU without it unfortunately.

Does anyone know of a setting and or something I need to do so that it works once again? (please no solutions with using a regular mouse, thanks)

Thanks!
    Last edited by Nikmal; January 31st, 2020 at 07:32.

Can anyone provide any insight into this?

Blog Entries
    Have you checked your touchpad settings? Has your touchpad drive or been updated since it last worked? Have you restarted your computer? Does it work after a fresh restart when you have started no other programs?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Have you checked your touchpad settings? Has your touchpad drive or been updated since it last worked? Have you restarted your computer? Does it work after a fresh restart when you have started no other programs?
    I have tried them all.

Yes it is working in all other aspects of my laptop including all programs and browsers. This also includes (as stated in my original post) FG Classic. But it just doesn't work in FG Unity.

We have not changed anything specific to mouse behavior interface anytime in the last few months; so I'm not sure what changed in this situation. We did upgrade the Unity version we are using, but that was back in December and you should have noticed it then if that was the issue.

For the trackpad, I was able to use the trackpad without issue on my personal laptop, both with moving with one finger, and scrolling with two fingers.

For pinch, the application itself does not have any knowledge of touch interactions at this time, so pinch has not been implemented. It's something we plan to look at in the future.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks
    For some reason it is working again through no fix by me

i'm having this same issue. it works on everything including fantasy grounds classic but not unity. instead of zooming in and out it acts as though i'm hitting the control button and the bottom bar changes from 1-12 to c1-c12.
    Last edited by tgalarneau; June 21st, 2020 at 10:27.

The original poster was talking about touch gestures not working; which are not supported currently.

It sounds like the default behavior in your OS is to pass Control as part of operation for some reason. You may need to look at your trackpad settings to figure out what the trackpad driver/interface is trying to do.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information