STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Ammo Tracking

Ammo Tracking

Is there an extension that will track ammo similar to how 5E D&D does? I see in Deadlands a gun tracks what it holds, but is there a way to track how much a character is carrying?

I have just had players note number of spare magazines/loads in mundane equipment. When they use up a mag, they manually reset the ammo counter on the Combat tab and decrease the number of spares on the mundane equipment tab. If they swap a mag early (a tactical reload), they need to note how many rounds are left over in mundane items.

I think it seems odd no one has written an extension for this.

Why does it seem odd?

When I run face-to-face game there are no magic apps to update the paper character sheets, my players, rub things out and make changes, when I run my FG games, they do the same.

To be honest the reason I suspect no-one has written an extension is that the effort/time required for such a niche requirement outweighs the inconvenience of reducing mag count by 1 once it a while, add to that how do you get it to support weapons with attachments i.e. grenade/shotgun attachments that have separate ammo counters?

An ammo tracker would be nice, but I have been running SW on FG for over a decade and have never thought I needed one, I expect I am not alone, in fact I think you are the first person to ask for it, so i'm afraid you might have to write it yourself...

Of course if you did I suspect we will all use it!

My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    Why does it seem odd?

When I run face-to-face game there are no magic apps to update the paper character sheets, my players, rub things out and make changes, when I run my FG games, they do the same.

To be honest the reason I suspect no-one has written an extension is that the effort/time required for such a niche requirement outweighs the inconvenience of reducing mag count by 1 once it a while, add to that how do you get it to support weapons with attachments i.e. grenade/shotgun attachments that have separate ammo counters?

An ammo tracker would be nice, but I have been running SW on FG for over a decade and have never thought I needed one, I expect I am not alone, in fact I think you are the first person to ask for it, so i'm afraid you might have to write it yourself...

Of course if you did I suspect we will all use it!

Couldn't agree more. As much as I joke about having been spoiled by the work Ikael has done to the point of not being sure I could run a face-to-face game, I also understand that he's a volunteer and don't expect SWD/SWADE will (probably) ever get the resources assigned to it that D&D 5e has.

Thread Information