5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sdinwiddie View Post
    I just restarted and that didn't help. Given that my original post was OS 10.15.2 and now it is 10.15.3 leads me to believe that it had to have restarted, whether I did or not.

I went into ~/Library/Containers and looked for anything with smiteworks or fantasygrounds, but didn't see anything. I'm assuming there should be something there. com.smiteworks.fantasygrounds or something similar. If it should be there and is not, that might be interesting.

To answer your question about the updater, its behavior seems reasonable, but I notice a couple of things: it always downloads the updater. This may be by design (for now or always), but it seems like whatever call is being made to see if updates are available would tell it whether a new updater is truly available, so maybe an issue there. Also, the log file always seems to indicate it's looking for and _OLD file, but never finds it. Maybe as designed, but worth mentioning.

Correct. 12 .ppk files in there. I don't know the system, but I was thinking it might look in the vault first before downloading a new one (for when I've deleted the .ppk file from rulesets to test scenarios), but it doesn't seem to be doing that.

I could try to uninstall and reinstall in the standard place, but I was hoping to avoid that test since it's likely I'll have to try it a few times to verify behavior.

I'm happy to help resolve--just let me know how I can best help.
    Hey!

I've been working on making a new installer for OSX, and I'm now suspecting that this may be related to your Catalina version and my build tools/xcode version.
    I'm hoping that once I update everything (we may or may not have to update Unity version for this, which would take some team coordination), and get a new build out, we should resolve your issues.
    I'm working on this now and will keep you posted asap.

Sounds good! Let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks again!

Any news on this? I have been installing a community based ruleset (WFRP v3) – and this does not appear when I try to host a new campaign (but all other rulesets appear)…

Quote Originally Posted by ozean View Post
    Any news on this? I have been installing a community based ruleset (WFRP v3) – and this does not appear when I try to host a new campaign (but all other rulesets appear)…
    I have had success with MoreCore and that is a community based ruleset. The issue I ran into personally was I didn't place the ruleset file in the correct folder. Please check and make sure the ruleset in located in the correct ruleset folder. On the dashboard for Unity there is a folder icon in the top left. Clicking that should open the correct location for the folder for modules/extensions/rulesets. I would start there and report back if it still is not available.

Thanks for the tip. Checked using the folder icon on the dashboard, but it seems I have put the ruleset in the correct folder. It also looked as if this has been loaded somehow, because I had to fix a couple of XML issues that were reported in error messages after trying to start a campaign that I imported from FG Classic, but now I am stuck at FGU reporting that the ruleset is missing, and the fact that the ruleset does not appear in the host new campaign selection…

I was just looking again and I'm still seeing the same issue, I get this log at startup:

[4/23/2020 10:10:55 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Vault File List Build From File: Access to the path '/Users/steve/Documents/Games/FantasyGrounds/vault' is denied.
    [4/23/2020 10:10:55 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-23)
    [4/23/2020 10:10:55 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [4/23/2020 10:10:55 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Ruleset List Load : Access to the path '/Users/steve/Documents/Games/FantasyGrounds/rulesets' is denied.
    [4/23/2020 10:10:55 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension List Load : Access to the path '/Users/steve/Documents/Games/FantasyGrounds/extensions' is denied.
    [4/23/2020 10:10:55 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Owned Campaign List Load: Access to the path '/Users/steve/Documents/Games/FantasyGrounds/campaigns' is denied.
    [4/23/2020 10:10:55 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Played Campaign List Load: Access to the path '/Users/steve/Documents/Games/FantasyGrounds/cache' is denied.
    Where is the default game data folder on a Mac? I can revert to the default.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sdinwiddie View Post
    I was just looking again and I'm still seeing the same issue, I get this log at startup:

Where is the default game data folder on a Mac? I can revert to the default.

Thanks!
    Yeah, I'm not sure why the chmod from earlier in the thread wouldn't have worked on this.
    Are you running FGU on the steve user account?

The default location is ~/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds (so I assume /Users/steve/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds)

Yeah, I'm not sure why the chmod from earlier in the thread wouldn't have worked on this.
    I moved the files out from under the Documents folder back to the default folder. It works fine there.

I have a theory: During the use of other programs (on Catalina), I've been prompted to give access to Documents when I tried to access that folder before I could proceed. I suspect that FGU would need to provide the same prompt if the data folder were moved under Documents. (This is also true about Desktop, Downloads, and some others.)

If you go into System Preferences ->Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Files and Folders, you'll see a bunch of apps (including FantasyGroundsUpdater) that have specific permissions granted to certain folders. I think not seeing FantasyGrounds in this list with the appropriate permissions is the underlying problem. I can't seem to add any apps to this list or I'd test it out. (Here's a related Apple support article: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-...hld5a35146/mac)

Are you running FGU on the steve user account?
    I am.

Here's a similar problem as it relates to Acrobat that I think addresses the same issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/p...cos-10-15.html

Thanks for your help with this!
    Steve

@redeyesofnight, I think this goes a bit deeper. Because it can't access the Documents folder, you can't access any documents (maps, etc.) that you've stored/created there.

Thanks,
    Steve

Thread Information